A.K.A. Jessica Jones on Netflix

kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
I can't wait for this show to come out. You get Krysten Ritter (Breaking Bad) and  David Tennant (Doctor Who). The show is the comic book  Alias by Brian Bendis. I hope they do this one right like Daredevil.

Comments

• I'm looking forward to this as well. When is this supposed to become available?
  • They started production in Feb, but no word on when in 2015 it will be released. I suspect it will be in the fall, or late fall.
  • HollyoakHollyoak Baltimore
    I'll have to Google this. I have never heard of the comic, but I really enjoyed Daredevil.
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited June 2015

A little backround on Jessica Jones

• HollyoakHollyoak Baltimore
    Thanks, kingbee67. Very interesting. Netflix is going to be killing it with these super hero shows. Such a smart move because the fan base is so huge. I'm glad they're doing it and not a regular network. I saw a few episodes of Arrow but it didn't hold my attention. Never saw Flash or Agents of Shield.
  • 3 episodes in and I hope they know what they're doing with this super powerful mind control stuff.  It's like Time Travel or Superman, the writers have to bend over backwards to figure out how to undermine the mind controller or it becomes really silly.
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    Don't worry @Doctor_Nick you're in good hands. 
    TravisDoctor_Nick
  • Looks like Season 2 is going to happen!
    Travis
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited March 2016
    It took me a while, but I finally finished the first season. I hope they improve on some things but keep it the same tone they had. I remember the comic book went off the rails once the blue arch was done. I wanna see maybe a daredevil crossover tho.
    I would like to see a Veronica Mars kind of thing with one shot episodes with a over all season arch. The first season of VM was so good, kind of ground breaking at the time.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Man, this show had a lot of potential, but they really did get to Killgrave too early. It made for a really cool button to end the first couple of episodes on. But jeez does it slouch at places. I really loved the majority of it, which made the questionable acting, writing, and pacing issues all the more apparent.
    Brawn
  • I realize how silly this sounds when typing it out, but the opening credits were so good, it compelled me to keep on watching the series despite the flaws you rightly mentioned above.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    @kojiattwood Michael Gaydos, the artist for the original Alias comic did much of the artwork for that. Its a nice nod to the comic book.
    kojiattwood
  • Thought I recognized that style!  Thanks for the clarification.
  • Oh, since the guys are talking about the mechanics of the law on Better Cast Saul, I'll just say the sufentanil to make Trish seem dead is a hilariously bad plot device if anyone is familiar with medicine at all.
    kojiattwood
  • Oh, since the guys are talking about the mechanics of the law on Better Cast Saul, I'll just say the sufentanil to make Trish seem dead is a hilariously bad plot device if anyone is familiar with medicine at all.
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited March 2016
    OMG, Simpson!

I bought that issue at the newsstand back in the day.

Mind blown.