Teddy is here...

CoryCory New Scotland
... but he doesn't seem to be as powerful as Stormfront.

Actually it's not supposed to make landfall for a few more hours, but it's been windy and raining for about 12 hours.

Comments

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Dealing with Beta right now myself. Be safe, @Cory
  • Stay safe both of you. Be well, fellas.
    Cory
  • Cory said:
    ... but he doesn't seem to be as powerful as Stormfront.

Actually it's not supposed to make landfall for a few more hours, but it's been windy and raining for about 12 hours.
    cdrive said:
    Stay safe, guys! :heart:
    Cory
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    cdrive said:
    Stay safe yourself, I'm sure your's is much worse than mine.

Although whenever I keep thinking Beta must be wearing Walker skin.
    Cory said:
    cdrive said:
    Stay safe yourself, I'm sure your's is much worse than mine.

Although whenever I keep thinking Beta must be wearing Walker skin.
    Same. That’s so funny.
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    edited September 2020
    Be safe Cory and don't trust those waves.

On a brighter note I just learned in eastern Nova Scotia there is a town named Ecum Secum. 

Yet another reason to love Canada!

edit: Hit post too soon. Also sending safe thoughts to Texas and Louisiana! 
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Be safe Cory and don't trust those waves.

On a brighter note I just learned in eastern Nova Scotia there is a town named Ecum Secum. 

Yet another reason to love Canada!

edit: Hit post too soon. Also sending safe thoughts to Texas and Louisiana! 
    All good here, all over too.  It made landfall about 14-16 hours ago, but probably hundreds of miles north of here  (maybe around Ecum Secum? lol).  We've had sunny periods this afternoon, and looking at +20ºC weather the next few days.  The wind even seems to have died out.

They were reporting 100ft waves a few days ago, but I'm not one of those fools who stands on the black rocks at Peggys Cove even in calm weather.

How are you holding up @cdrive?

I've heard of Ecum Secum, but never been there.  Pretty much the only part of the province I've never been too.  I'm about a 15-20 minute drive from Oak Island, and my mother lives about 30 mins from the 1967 UFO crash.
    Noel
    edited September 2020
    Glad to hear it @Cory. We're all good down here.  Beta hit some dry air on it's approach which messed it up enough to not be a huge rain event.  There was still some flooding in areas but vast majority are okay!  By the way I got lots of family from up in those parts, Nova Scotia.  
    NoelCory
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    cdrive said:
    By the way I got lots of family from up in those parts, Nova Scotia.  
    Where abouts?
    Cory said:
    cdrive said:
    By the way I got lots of family from up in those parts, Nova Scotia.  
    Where abouts?
    "Where abouts?"  Hohh boyy I heard that in a newfie tone.  So it's all on my Mom's side but, by Mom was born in Stephenville, NF.  My Grammy was from Grand Falls, NF.  Got cousins in Nova Scotia....Dartmouth. And one cousin in Saint John, NB.