Scared for my Wife

gguenotgguenot CA
edited September 24 in General
Hey everyone, my wife Madison was just admitted to the ICU with a brain vessel tear. I’m really scared and struggling to digest the news. The doctors say the specific kind of tear isn’t severe but they want to monitor her to catch a clot and prevent a stroke. This year has been awful and I know everyone has their own shit, but I’m having a hard time staying strong— especially for our daughter. I keep telling myself it’s going to be ok, but what if she’s one of the unlucky ones?— it just feels so helpless. I can’t even see her at all because of COVID and that’s a different level of fear and anger. You all have always put smiles on my face and have been there during past time of need— and I’m sorry to lean on you all again, I’m just scared.

FreddyCretanBullcalebthrowerTravisJoshTheBlackGiovanniMichelleMmmBopadobo1148

Comments

• NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Damn, that’s terrible news man. I don’t know what to say. We’re here for you. I always feel like BM is a family and we can come here for support. I’m hoping for the best for your wife going forward. Keep us updated.
    gguenotFreddyCretanBullMofojones333
  • You can always lean on us. No need to apologize for that. Sounds like she's in good hands with the doctors and you caught it before it became severe. That's good news. I hope she's going to be ok. Let us know how it goes.
    gguenotNoelMurderbearMofojones333
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Think positively, especially if the doctors are saying it’s not severe. Of course it would be terrifying for both of you and your daughter, but in the hospital, they can watch her and catch anything very early so she’s in good hands. I hope it all goes well for her. <3
    gguenotNoelMofojones333
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    damn @gguenot! stay positive and know that everything is going to be ok. just know. know that our BM fam is here for you for whatever you need. whatever you need just lemme know being in CA. i got you my dude! positive vibes and much love.
    NoelgguenotMofojones333
  • Your wife got this man! 
    gguenot
  • calebthrowercalebthrower South Carolina
    Stay strong! Sounds like she is in capable hands and will get through it. We are all thinking of you and sending well wishes! Never apologize for leaning on friends (even internet ones!) during a stressful time.
    gguenot
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    @gguenot I can only imagine the fear and anxiety you must be feeling right now.  It's okay to be scared. Lean on us, brother.  You're such a kind, awesome, positive force here, and I think I can speak for more than just myself when I say that we would do anything we can for you.  Sending positive vibes and words of encouragement your way to be brave.  You and Madison will get through this.  My heart goes out to you, your wife and your little one.  <3   
    gguenotMofojones333
  •  I can’t express how much all of your words of encouragement helped me through the night and were so nice to wake up to. My wife is super brave and stronger than I would be in her shoes and she’s handling it all really well. It’s pathetic that I was the one who was a blubbering mess on the phone with her and she was staying strong for me lol

She’s waiting to hear from the drs this morning but she’s doing a lot better and her headache is not as intense so all of these baby steps are good news.

Love you guys 
    CorycalebthrowercdriveJoshTheBlackNoeltom_gbazjensterDeeCretanBullMarciand 2 others.
  • I'm glad things seem to be heading in a better direction. I'm so sorry, man. You're both in my thoughts and we're all here to let that scared energy out. Channel it here so you can hopefully even yourself out a bit for your daughter. It's safe and we've got you. 

Also, it's not pathetic that she was being strong for you. You're being strong for each other. Being a blubbering mess, is being strong in a way. It's letting it in and processing it in a healthy way. It's really hard being powerless on the outside. REALLY hard. It's terrifying. It's ok.

Be well, man. We're here.
    gguenotEine Frau
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    @gguenot
    I don't know if this helps, but two and a half weeks ago my aunt called me from the hospital and told me she was awaiting surgery for an anesyrum.  The doctors were positive, and then very happy with how the procedure went.  All went well, she's been home about 12 days, had her 66th birthday 4 days ago.

I'm sure everything will be fine.  :)
    gguenotMarci
  • CecilyCecily Cincinnati
    @gguenot sending all the positive vibes I've got your way!  I'm so sorry to hear this; I'm glad she is staying strong and I have no doubt she (and you) will pull through this.  I'll be thinking about your family so please keep us updated!  I've got actual goosebumps right now, this has to be such a terrible, scary, unexpected thing for people who are as young as y'all are.  <3

gguenot
  • Really sorry to hear that @gguenot - sounds like your wife is a strong person and glad it was caught early and are getting the care she needs. Fucking COVID makes everything worse for sure.

Sending positive vibes your way - I know how you feel - and sorry to hijack your thread, but your post brings up all kinds of feelings as we just got similar news that my wife is at high risk for clotting and strokes, thankfully she's healthy otherwise and hasn't had any incidents, but she's gonna have to be on medication for the rest of her life and be frequently monitored which is definitely an adjustment and scary to think about.
    gguenot
  • So sorry to hear that but stay strong. As many have already mentioned she's in the best hands with the doctors and she'll pull through this. Sending positive vibes your way and don't hesitate to lean on your Bald Move family. This community is truly amazing. 
    gguenot
  • MrX said:
    Really sorry to hear that @gguenot - sounds like your wife is a strong person and glad it was caught early and are getting the care she needs. Fucking COVID makes everything worse for sure.

Sending positive vibes your way - I know how you feel - and sorry to hijack your thread, but your post brings up all kinds of feelings as we just got similar news that my wife is at high risk for clotting and strokes, thankfully she's healthy otherwise and hasn't had any incidents, but she's gonna have to be on medication for the rest of her life and be frequently monitored which is definitely an adjustment and scary to think about.
    I feel for you— that has to be so stressful and world upending. I’m sending good thoughts to you and your wife as well. It’s nice to hear that she has a plan and hasn’t had any incidents!
    MrX
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I will echo what all the others have said in that I wish you and your family all the best. I know it is scary when things like this happen and you have to have faith in the good hands she is already in right now. As the others have stated too, please know that we are always here for you when you need us!
    gguenot
  • Wishing your wife a complete and speedy recovery.

Gonna hung mine a bit harder and longer this evening.

Positive thoughts!!
    gguenot
  • JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    edited September 24
    Dang man.  I can't even imagine the emotions you must be feeling.  That's some wrestling with mortality type feelings.  It sounds like she's doing better, though.  Keep us posted.  Stay strong, stay positive, and put your faith in her doctors. 
    You got this!

gguenot
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    It sounds like your wife is a strong woman who will not be kept down. And she is a lucky woman who has your love and support to get her through. I'm sending healing thoughts.

Whenever you need to talk out loud to help make sense of this, we are here. And I'm in CA as well if I can help in any way.
    gguenot
  • Sorry to hear about the ordeal your family is wrestling with but as others have said, the community has your back and it sounds like your wife is getting good care.  I hope all continues to go well.
    gguenot
  • Vibes!
    gguenot
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    gguenot said:
    Hey everyone, my wife Madison was just admitted to the ICU with a brain vessel tear. I’m really scared and struggling to digest the news. The doctors say the specific kind of tear isn’t severe but they want to monitor her to catch a clot and prevent a stroke. This year has been awful and I know everyone has their own shit, but I’m having a hard time staying strong— especially for our daughter. I keep telling myself it’s going to be ok, but what if she’s one of the unlucky ones?— it just feels so helpless. I can’t even see her at all because of COVID and that’s a different level of fear and anger. You all have always put smiles on my face and have been there during past time of need— and I’m sorry to lean on you all again, I’m just scared.

Damn, dude, you're going through a really tough situation, on top of a "not great" baseline. As someone who tends to spiral myself with thoughts of worst case scenarios, it's always better to focus on what the doctors are actually telling you, and not on small possibilities. We had to go through this with Cecily's grandma, where we couldn't visit her in the hospital, and it was heart breaking. I can't imagine going through that with a spouse and children.

Just keep breathing, deep breaths, you're allowed to feel how you feel, falling apart is kind of expected in these situations. Don't be afraid to lean on close friends and family for support, helping you with meals or watching the kiddo or whatever you need so you can keep on keeping on. Only person you have to be strong for is your daughter, everyone else can help shore you up.
    gguenotNoelTeresa from ConcordHatorianCecily
  • I can't imagine what you're going through.  Do your best to take one day at a time, focus on what's in front of you and try not worry about all of the "what ifs".  You can do this, and we're all here for you.
    gguenot
  • It sounds like a pretty positive prognosis, but no matter what happens, you guys can do this because you are not alone. 
    gguenot
  • Update: she’s going to probably stay in the ICU until discharge which is estimated Sat morning. They did a procedure to check the blood vessel and they confirmed it tore and it clotted, but it didn’t clot in the “danger zone”. They have her on blood thinners and they’re confident it’ll dissolve the clot and she’ll be ok. She’s being taken good care of and I feel a bit better now that we know exactly the issue and the plan. 
    Coryhisdudeness915DeeMurderbearNoelCretanBullcalebthrowerMarciTeresa from Concordcdriveand 6 others.
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    one day at a time. thoughts and prayers heading into the weekend @gguenot.
    gguenotTravis
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited September 25
    gguenot said:

I’m so, so, so sorry that she, you, and your little one are going through this.  I can’t begin to know what you’re feeling.  I’m sending so much love to you.  Please don’t apologize for reaching out to those who care for you.  Lots of hugs & love.  :heart:

Edit:  I just noticed that this is from yesterday.  So sorry to see this late, but I also just read your update and it sounds really encouraging.  I’m so glad she’ll be ok.  Tons of love. :heart:
    gguenot
  • Glad to hear that the news seems very positive! I hope she gets to come home tomorrow. Sending positive thoughts your way!
    gguenot
  • @gguenot I'm glad that they're feeling confident and that things are headed in the right direction. It's always good when they have a clear plan to execute. Sending positive thoughts, man. Be well.
    gguenot
  • MmmBopMmmBop United Kingdom
    Hope things are okay with you & family. Sending best wishes.
    gguenot
  • @gguenot I just remembered. You're from the Thousand Oaks area, right? Is she at Los Robles? If so, for whatever confidence it might hope to inspire my mom was in the ICU over there in January and they got her back on her feet. The nursing staff was really great. Really nice and really proficient.