Fargo S4 (Spoilers)

124»

Comments

• GrahamGraham Grand Rapids, MI
    Alkaid13 said:
    I just don’t understand why Hawley fiddled around in the middle only to short the season finale. It feels like Hawley thought people would really connect with Josto I guess but I just never really cared, honestly I liked Gaetano more by the end. Oraetta was too bumbling to be the Lorne Malvo or VM Varga or even a Hanzee type antagonist. Ethelreda isn’t even in half the season and she seems so pivotal at the beginning and near the end but she just doesn’t do anything. Don’t get me started on spending so much time on Weff or Calamita or Leon or some of the other third stringers. We spend so many mid season episodes on these people who just....didn’t really matter much when we could have spent more time on the characters that matter. 
    I'm starting to get the impression that Noah Hawley just wasn't completely satisfied with how the season turned out. Between reshuffling the middle episodes in post, cutting Bokeem Woodbine's new scenes in the finale, the pandemic meddling with filming, etc. There seems to be a lot of production issues that he tried to fix but ultimately it wasn't enough.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    edited January 30
    I finally got around to this and watched it over the last few nights. I don’t know... I can see what they were going for and I thought the overarching themes really resonated when you consider what’s still going on with race in America today, but it just didn’t quite come together. What everyone else here has said - it felt disjointed, too many people, etc.

Jessie Buckley was so bloody annoying with that sneery sniffling thing and her stupid walk and her babbling speech pattern. I know they were going for Coen Bros quirky but it was the K-tel sound alike version. 

Jack Huston is always excellent but it was unsettling watching him play someone so twitchy and fidgety when his most famous role is a character who was always preternaturally calm and measured, and the one time he faltered was his undoing. Also, with some meat on his bones he reminds me a lot of my father when he was young, and since I’ve always found him (Jack Huston, not my father) a bit of alright, that too was making me uncomfortable. 

Anyway, I wouldn’t say it was my least favourite season - the sheer disgustingness of David Thewlis killed S3 for me, but it’s not one of the better ones.