Expanse Season 5 (Show only spoilers!)

Comments

• Confirmed by the authors: Season 6 will not include material from books 7-9. They've also called it a "graceful place to take a pause".
    https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/expanse-season-5-6-game-of-thrones-science-fiction
    bror.00awookieeblue_sleeve
  • Another article offering hope for an eventual adaptation of books 7-9, and how they've ended the show on their own terms: https://www.polygon.com/2020/12/10/22167489/the-expanse-season-6-canceled-or-season-7-beyond-plans
    bror.00awookieeBrooklynMDblue_sleeveElisa
  • God it snuck up on me but I am so pumped for the new season! Nemesis Games is such a fun book and I love Dominique Tipper as Naomi so I’m hoping she’ll really get to flex this season. Kind of bummed they aren’t going to do anything related books 7,8,9 this season but hopefully they have some set-ups for the future. 
    Elisa
  • Are book readers interested in having a spoiler thread for season 5?
    Elisablacksunrise7
  • ray_x03 said:
    Are book readers interested in having a spoiler thread for season 5?

I'm in.
    blacksunrise7
  • ray_x03 said:
    Hell yes.
    blacksunrise7
  • ray_x03 said:

For sure!
  • ray_x03 said:
    Yes! 
  • If anyone needs a refresher ahead of season 5, Amazon UK released a really great season 1-4 recap done by AltShiftX

bizmarkiefaderGiovanni
  • We are LIVE with the first 3 episodes!
    jhpark
  • edited December 2020
    First of all I didn't start it. And second of all they were all alive when I walked out.
    Peepsblue_sleevemharmlessJoshTheBlack
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    What? live? Damn time zone. 
  • Nice to see Brent Saxton cast as Cyn.

Solid character guy.
  • Great first 3 episodes setting up the season stories. 

Elisa
  • I am watching these expanse behind the scene episodes on YouTube and wes chatham is fucking awesome. Episode 3 is with Thomas jane who directed episode 3. Loving this.
    PeepsElisa
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited December 2020
    Just a heads up it looks like "The Churn" podcast is no more. The new official podcast is called "Ty & That Guy" (with Ty Frank and Wes Chatham) so that's the place to listen to cast and crew guests.

Ana Marie Cox (former Churn host) said on Twitter that she and Dan Drezner still plan on doing a podcast in some form, which I'm happy to hear because they bring an interesting perspective on socio-economic-political themes to the discussion (she's formerly a political reporter and he's an international relations professor), if someone is looking for more Expanse discussion beyond Bald Move.
    Giovannibror.00Eine Fraublacksunrise7
  • Haven't read the books, but seems obvious to me who Amos is going to see(?) Not too many people I can think of on Earth he would need a political favor to visit. 

Hopefully he'll try to do some kind of pay-it-forward redemption after thinking about what Lydia had told him as a kid. 

• CoryCory New Scotland
    Do we know why Naomi left without taking her son?
  • Nice little YourTube interview with Steven Strait about Holden's character arc and other thoughts on the show and wrapping things at Season 6 (such as that is) ...

The Expanse S5 - Steven Strait talks about James Holden's Growth as a character

PeepsElisa
  • Cory said:
    Do we know why Naomi left without taking her son?
    It's in the books but won't say anything about that. Suffice to say, after her and Marco blew up that ship I think it would make sense that she could no longer stay with Marco in good conscious. It would be safe to assume she wanted to get away from a toxic and dangerous relationship!
    Elisa

• redlancer said:
    Haven't read the books, but seems obvious to me who Amos is going to see(?) Not too many people I can think of on Earth he would need a political favor to visit.  
    All I will say is that we have met this person before - all the clues are there!
    Elisa
  • Fun fact: S05E04 was the 50th overall episode of The Expanse, and maybe the best one they've made
    I was so firmly mesmerized in the episode that it may have been the fastest 45 mins of my life
    Elisa
  • Incredible episode! Maybe the best one yet. 

The Belt is no longer fucking around. 
    blue_sleeveElisa
  • Are we doing episode specific threads or are we just putting it all here? A megaton of plot happened. RIP Fred. 
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited December 2020
    @A_Ron_Hubbard @Jim on the podcast you mentioned them releasing the episode early ... just fyi I believe their release policy is Wednesdays 12am GMT, which is 7pm Tuesday EST. So I think you can count on that moving forward in terms of figuring out when to drop the podcast episodes.
    Elisa
  • I'm not sure if this is the most awesome thing ever or the most glorious thing ever. 
    Elisa
  • edited December 2020
    Looks like they posted Episode 5 early again its up live right now!
    Elisa
  • The show is so good at building tension for characters like Holden even though we have seen him literally survive the last 4 seasons (and know he has some good degree of plot armor) - but it also makes total sense that in a moment of such anger/grief they would forget that Sakai was working on the Roci repairs. That final manoeuver as well. Ep 4 was that good as a culmination of the first 3 episodes - I can't wait for the payoff for these next few.
    Elisa

• Some excellent bonus content for this week's episode - really puts into perspective how small the Roci is
    PeepsElisablue_sleeve
  • I'm 100% with A.Ron that the PDCs look cool as shit. The spinning while firing in the last episode may not have made sense but I don't care, it looked badass as hell. Some serious emotional moments this past episode. I'm blown away with the acting talent from Jasai Chase Owens (Filip Inaros). This is really his 1st big role in TV or movies and he's doing an amazing job. 
    ray_x03Elisa