Dexter is coming back for a limited series run

edited October 14 in Other TV
https://deadline.com/2020/10/dexter-showtime-reboot-limited-michael-c-hall-clyde-phillips-1234597514/

Dexter is coming back in fall 2021 with Michael C. Hall as Dexter and the showrunner for the first 4 seasons Clyde Phillips. I'm honestly excited for this even though it is my second biggest TV show ending disappointment. It ended so poorly that I couldn't even finish the last two episodes of the last season. Three of the first four seasons are pretty good, though, and the fact that it's only going to be for 10 episodes makes me think that it could work. My hope is they don't try to continue the previous story unless they only mention it in passing and then continue with something new. 
ChinaskiSchluppDoubleTblue_sleeve

Comments

• ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    haha oh god. are we getting emo Lumberjack Dexter? 

The Dexter of Dunwall Part 2 - IGN
    MurderbearDummy
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    i thought the first 4 seasons were good. i especially enjoyed S4 and that wild finale. after that tho, that show went down hill REALLY fast. looking back i dunno how i got through it.
    Cory
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    I just hope we get more stuff like this

Late Dexter was extremely disappointing but it was also really funny in places.

ChinaskiDummy
  • DoubleTDoubleT Melbourne, Australia
    Still, the later seasons had a few good scenes

Schlupp
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Colour me unexcited, but I'll watch.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Back by no one's demand.
    asmallcatChinaskiDummy
  • Back by no one's demand.
    Yeah who wants this? It went off the air 7 years ago to a generally disfavorable reaction to the final series. Are there tons of people out there who need more mediocre Dexter in their lives? I doubt they're gonna get everyone back from the good seasons (writers, directors, etc). 
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    asmallcat said:
    Back by no one's demand.
    Yeah who wants this? It went off the air 7 years ago to a generally disfavorable reaction to the final series. Are there tons of people out there who need more mediocre Dexter in their lives? I doubt they're gonna get everyone back from the good seasons (writers, directors, etc). 

Things move so fast now that people are already nostalgic for Dexter
    Cory
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    I’m excited with a caveat. I loved the series but it ended with a whimper. If the promise is to take us back to the glory writing of the first seasons I’m in.

Or god help us they’re not thinking prequel? 

If if this works perhaps there’s a fix for Game of Thrones. 
    Dummy
  • JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    If Clyde Phillips is on board, I'm on board.  He was showrunner when the show was great.  When he left, it went sharply downhill.  

I'm totally down for this.  Cautiously optimistic.  
    Dummy