The Mandalorian S2E01

Chapter 9

I won't spoil anything but this episode was fantastic. 55 minutes of rompin' stompin' fun.

This is the Way.

bazjenster

Comments

• I thought it was fine, but it felt more heavily aimed at a younger audience than the episodes in S1.  Early days, of course.
  • They had me at Tim Olyphant
    Peepskingbee67Corybazjenster
  • Very fun episode with very sloppy action that I loved to see them do sloppily. 
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    The Marshal can you get anymore typecast. He’s the greatest tho.

Peepsbazjenster
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited October 2020
    kingbee67 said:
    The Marshal can you get anymore typecast. He’s the greatest tho.

"Well... if it isn't my good friend Reylando Givens!"
    PeepsA_Ron_Hubbardbazjenster
  • I loved it. I love that this show is just a fun breezy show with some cool action/effects every episode.
  • Continue to love the casting of the characters. Of course we had Seth Bullock but also had Deadwood’s Dan Dorrity (W Earl Brown)  playing the Weequay. And BM fav John Leguizamo as the cyclops dude in the beginning of the episode. 
  • W Earl Brown was the Weequay??? That's wonderful. 
    Peeps
  • edited November 2020
    Not quite through the episode yet, but where did the Tusken Raiders get wood for their ballista? It's a desert planet! They live in the "Dune Sea!" There's no trees! I understand the whole wanting to show primitive tech, but they wouldn't have wood. 

Edit - Also, are those "flintlock" blaster rifles? This show is absurd and I love it. 
  • Please thank whomever recommended the Clone Wars, Season 7, episode 9-12, 4-parter. Tons of Mandalorian lore in it. I really enjoyed it. 
    A_Ron_HubbardPeepsMurderbear
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    asmallcat said:
    Not quite through the episode yet, but where did the Tusken Raiders get wood for their ballista? It's a desert planet! They live in the "Dune Sea!" There's no trees! I understand the whole wanting to show primitive tech, but they wouldn't have wood. 

Edit - Also, are those "flintlock" blaster rifles? This show is absurd and I love it. 

That's a good point. Like, even if you argue they'd trade for it, it would have to be incredibly expensive, especially in the quantities they'd need it.
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited November 2020
    Liked the score this episode, Ludwig Göransson killing it as usual. The song when they were flying into Tatooine was especially fun.
  • edited November 2020
    Boba Fett armor (and Boba Fett himself!) + one of Anakin's podracer engines retrofitted onto a speeder bike.

I'm hard.

Definitely a great lead in to the season. We've still got the Darksaber out there + the Boba Fett tie-in! 

Also, I've always been a fan of the Western genre's influence on this series, and this episode was a straight-up Western movie, just replace bandits with a Sand Dragon.
    Murderbear
  • asmallcat said:

One could assume they grow things in caves/underground/sheltered areas.  Perhaps they choose to live above ground for cultural/religious reasons.

Once you get past the basic shape determined by functional requirements, weapons are often styled/customized quite heavily.
  • lengmo said:
    asmallcat said:

One could assume they grow things in caves/underground/sheltered areas.  Perhaps they choose to live above ground for cultural/religious reasons.

Once you get past the basic shape determined by functional requirements, weapons are often styled/customized quite heavily.
    I don't think you'd bother growing trees underground, if you had the ability to do underground farming you'd do something with way better crop yield. That being said, as funny as I found the wooden ballistae, I didn't actually care. SW has always followed the rule of cool, and that's always been fine with me. When SW has been bad, it isn't because the show isn't making perfect scientific sense or following its internal rules.