Merry Covid Christmas 2020!

A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
There's going to be a lot coming this Christmas for Bald Move, but one thing we want to make you guys and gals aware of sense it's time sensitive is 1) Secret Santa and 2) Christmas Cards.

1) We're going to be starting a Secret Santa this year! You can sign up at http://christmas.baldmove.com. Note there are TWO options. One is just a regular old Secret Santa. The second is same, except you're volunteering to open your gift on one of our upcoming Christmas livestreams in December! These will be on Wednesday nights at 8pm EST. Make sure you're comfortable being on camera in front of potentially hundreds of your Bald Move friends! But we'll make it as easy for you as possible. If you have a cellphone with a camera, we can make it happen.

2) Deadline to receive a Bald Move Christmas card is to be a Club Bald Move member or Patreon Patron before December 1st! All domestic Club Bald Move peeps will receive a physical Christmas card, all Patrons and International peeps will get the same card in the form of a high resolution image, suitable for printing. (Patreon doesn't store or even collect addresses, so it's not possible for us to send paper cards to Patrons, sorry!)

There's going to be lots of fun stuff for December, but this is the kick off!
PeepsMichelleNoelOpusWhocdriveTulipblossomMofojones333

Comments

• Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    @Jim I signed up on both lists but not sure that’s what you want. 
    A_Ron_Hubbard
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Got my wish list already. I'm easy.

If Jim & A.Ron are okay with it and Secret Santa has a wee bit of photoshop skills
    $40

$20

$30
    MichelleA_Ron_HubbardFreddy
    1.JPG 23.2K
    2.JPG 22.1K
    3.JPG 18.5K
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    @Jim I signed up on both lists but not sure that’s what you want. 
    Just means double gifts, giving and receiving. Ain't nothing wrong with that!
    Michelle
  • Are we taking bets on what the Christmas movies are going to be this year?

bror.00
  • I was thinking that I would love to have a BM branded coffee cup or some other BM merch to wish for on Elfster. What are the options here??
  • Nice! Signed up and got a wide array of options for my person to choose from! 

Seconded the want for BM/SB branded merch on these elfster lists though!
    bror.00
  • sorry...real dumb question maybe...so i will get a notification to tell me who I am getting a gift for?

• OpusWho said:
    sorry...real dumb question maybe...so i will get a notification to tell me who I am getting a gift for?

I was my assumption that the Elfster platform was going to handle all of that. Not only notification but where to send and suggestions as well.
    OpusWho
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Yeah, no one should be paired up until we close the process and goose it to the next step. You will be notified when you get a secret santa match and gift suggestions, etc.
    OpusWhoMichelle
  • bror.00 said:
    I was thinking that I would love to have a BM branded coffee cup or some other BM merch to wish for on Elfster. What are the options here??
    https://baldmove.myshopify.com/collections/podcast-logos/products/logo-mug
  • edited November 18
    bror.00 said:
    I was thinking that I would love to have a BM branded coffee cup or some other BM merch to wish for on Elfster. What are the options here??
    https://baldmove.myshopify.com/collections/podcast-logos/products/logo-mug
    OH! I see now ... I didn't realize that all the various products were "buried" under the Collections links.
    Thanks @JoshTheBlack !

And, it is VERY simple to add merch from the BM store directly to Elfster. Just cut-n-paste the URL of the product tou want and you're good to go!!

Teresa from Concord
  • I was just wondering - On the on-air gift exchange are the 'wish lists' just suggestions to get a 'feel' for what folks like or are we supposed to simply buy our match exactly what they wished for?  Should we be more creative for on-air sake? 
  • DrCynPiz said:
    I was just wondering - On the on-air gift exchange are the 'wish lists' just suggestions to get a 'feel' for what folks like or are we supposed to simply buy our match exactly what they wished for?  Should we be more creative for on-air sake? 
    I'm no authority, but my impression was that the 'wish list' items are suggestions. AND, I think your idea for creativity is a good one ... assuming that the gifts aren't overly adult themed! LOL!!
    DrCynPiz
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I agree, I think getting something a little fun that is tailored to that person is also a good way to go, *if* you know that person well.  :)
    DrCynPiz
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Michelle said:
    I agree, I think getting something a little fun that is tailored to that person is also a good way to go, *if* you know that person well.  :)
    For example, Michelle would like a Matt Chapman or Olsen Pop figure.

DrCynPizMichelleChinaski
    edited November 20
    Cory said:
    Michelle said:

As much as I love these guys, I'm not into the whole funko pop thing (for myself, anyway - I've bought them for others before though).  I have a Matt Olson bobblehead but only 'cause one of my friends picked it up for me.  It's just sitting in storage.
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Cory said:
    Michelle said:

Or from the tv show Friends. 
    Michelle
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Cory said:
    Michelle said:

a large central perk coffee mug?
    Michelle
    You guys know me so well. :heart:

Teresa from ConcordDrCynPizOpusWhoMurderbear
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited November 22
    Oh no, were we supposed to use our real names? I thought we were using our forum names so we could know who we're giving the gift to.
  • Freddy said:
    Oh no, were we supposed to use our real names? I thought we were using our forum names so we could know who we're giving the gift to.
    It is all being organized on a website called Elfster.

To be honest, I'm really shocked that Elfster didn't drop the "e" in the name. LOL! :D  
    Freddy
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    bror.00 said:
    Freddy said:

To be honest, I'm really shocked that Elfster didn't drop the "e" in the name. LOL! :D  
    Oh I know. The person it assigned doesn't have their twitter or forum name. Just their real name. How am I supposed to stalk them for gift ideas!? Ha ha.
    bror.00
  • Freddy said:
    bror.00 said:
    Freddy said:

Oh I know. The person it assigned doesn't have their twitter or forum name. Just their real name. How am I supposed to stalk them for gift ideas!? Ha ha.
    You can click on the person you were assigned and then click “More” and there is a way to send that person anonymous questions.
    bror.00Freddy