Why is it so warm

CoryCory New Scotland
In November?

Its 6am, and this is the coolest its been all night  at 17°C.

Comments

• A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    It hit 80 2 days ago in Cincy. It's dipping below freezing tonight. 

I've heard this is a predictable effect of the polar vortex collapsing as a result of global warming. Which if true, means our weather in the northern hemisphere is probably not going to return to the way it was in our lifetimes.

https://www.livescience.com/64544-collapsing-polar-vortex-winter-weather.html

• bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    My state has been on fire since August and people were using the pool at my apartment a week ago. At least we're doing absolutely nothing about it and we've been conditioned to think its our fault at an individual level while like a dozen people who already have more money than they could spend in their lifetimes profit off the burning corpse of the planet. I'm sure it'll work itself out.

Giovanni
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    It hit 80 2 days ago in Cincy. It's dipping below freezing tonight. 

I've heard this is a predictable effect of the polar vortex collapsing as a result of global warming. Which if true, means our weather in the northern hemisphere is probably not going to return to the way it was in our lifetimes.

https://www.livescience.com/64544-collapsing-polar-vortex-winter-weather.html

I figured it had to be global warming, but highs here are triple what they were a year ago. It's such a crazy difference.

I was up at work all night, and it was about 75°F all through the night.
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    My state has been on fire since August and people were using the pool at my apartment a week ago. At least we're doing absolutely nothing about it and we've been conditioned to think its our fault at an individual level while like a dozen people who already have more money than they could spend in their lifetimes profit off the burning corpse of the planet. I'm sure it'll work itself out.

It's still burning?

It's terrible and hard to believe personal profit comes ahead of all that destruction.
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    Cory said:

It's still burning?

It's terrible and hard to believe personal profit comes ahead of all that destruction.

There are a few fires but it isn't nearly as bad as it was a month ago. The profit part was more about climate change in general and our complete lack of willingness to listen to scientists about what we need to do instead of Shell executives telling us what we can't.
    Giovanni
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited November 13
    Last Tuesday I was going down freeway there was high winds and new fire in San Dimas CA. Saturday I was in Victorville high winds rain then snow. Crazy.
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    was warmer than usual here a few weeks ago which was annoying. but the last week or so it's been perfectly cold. we might get rain tomorrow and a few times next  weeks. i'm totally ok with that, esp since i don't leave my house and we need it.
  • I picked the wrong time in human history to move to Phoenix. 

The last two years have been two of the driest in years and this year the valley broke the records for most days over 100 degrees F and 110 degrees F. Joy. 
  • Last weekend was opening weekend for deer hunting in Minnesota and I was sitting in my stand in a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt and was roasting. Last weekend was in the low 70s, this weekend will be in the mid 30s which is more the normal for hunting season. Time to pack the cold weather gear.