Calling All STNG Fans!! ST Discovery's Latest Episode is "Unification III"

I know folks are cool to ST Discovery but I've really enjoyed it.  Season 1 was a bit nutsy, but Season 2 really was fabulous.  Season 3 is a mix but isn't this par for the course with all ST?
Anyway - Last Thursday's ep was the continuation of the STNG Season 5 Ep 7 & 8 (Unification I and Unification II).  Those that loved these Romulan focused episodes as much as I do might enjoy this continuation of the cannon....
LLAP
blacksunrise7

Comments

• ....And just a teaser for @A_Ron_Hubbard in case he's reading, you get to see one of our favorite 'The Wire' actors too.
    blacksunrise7
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    I wasn't impressed with this episode.
  • Cory said:
    I wasn't impressed with this episode.
    Truth be told it really wasn't the best episode- Story is a bit silly and I'm not sure exactly where they are going with it.  Funny how you can just invoke some random Vulcan ceremony to deal with stuff in ST.   But I really loved the Star Trekyness of it.  Like a comfy old pair of shoes.
    blacksunrise7
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    2 things that annoyed me about the episode is the title, and the dragging out of The Burn mystery. 
  • Yeah I really do hope the source of 'The Burn' isn't a Burnham.  But I liked the title....
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    edited December 2020
    The title set high expectations, probably higher than I should have allowed.

But last season when Spock and Pike returned to Talon IV (or whatever), I was FUCKING HYPED, and from what I remember I was satisfied. 
  • Not reading the posts above for spoiler reasons, but I am actually enjoying S1. Just got past the time loop episode, and despite it being a trope, I still enjoyed it. Looking forward to catching up, so long as I don’t need All-Access.