Musical Artist(s) Biopic(s) / Doc(s)

I haven’t watched the BeeGees HBO doc yet. Is it good?

It got me thinking... what musical artist would you like to see a biopic or documentary about (that hasn’t already been done really well - you can be the judge of “done really well”)?

Karen Carpenter got a TV movie that was... fine. But, I’d be down for a HBO doc about her for sure.

Who else?
kingbee67Michelle

Comments

• kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    I always liked the show behind the music that ran on VH1. I would like to see that again. The only problem with the show was the part in the episode where they would focus in on the tragedy of the subject. I think it became a joke after awhile. Like the one band where the tragic part was they had bad feelings. 

I was gonna watch the BeeGees thing but I still gotta watch the Linda Rondstat and Chicago ones. 
    Michelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    kingbee67 said:
    I always liked the show behind the music that ran on VH1.
    Same!  I haven't watched VH-1 in so long though.  Are they still making the show?  They're not, right?  It kind of seemed like VH-1 fell down the same rabbit hole as MTV with their programming, or lack of taste in programming.
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Michelle said:
    kingbee67 said:
    I always liked the show behind the music that ran on VH1.
    Same!  I haven't watched VH-1 in so long though.  Are they still making the show?  They're not, right?  It kind of seemed like VH-1 fell down the same rabbit hole as MTV with their programming, or lack of taste in programming.
    apparently they're bringing this back on Paramount+. first episode is going to be Huey Lewis and the News.
    MichelleJoshuaHeter
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    I haven’t watched the BeeGees HBO doc yet. Is it good?

It got me thinking... what musical artist would you like to see a biopic or documentary about (that hasn’t already been done really well - you can be the judge of “done really well”)?

Karen Carpenter got a TV movie that was... fine. But, I’d be down for a HBO doc about her for sure.

Who else?
    I really liked it. Growing up with their music I am a big fan. The backstory is fascinating. 
    JoshuaHeter
  • JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
    Chinaski said:
    apparently they're bringing this back on Paramount+. first episode is going to be Huey Lewis and the News.

“When ‘Behind the Music’ continues: he was always in search of the heart of rock n’ roll. It turns out, they were right. It had been in him all along.”
    Teresa from Concord