The Mandalorian S2E08

2»

Comments

• Peeps said:

Robert Rodriguez is a producer along with Favreau and Filoni - I would guess we're most certainly in for a lot more pulpy violent action!
    Peeps
  • I watched it again and was struck by how Luke's climactic moment against the Dark Troopers is a bizarro mirror of Vader's scene in Rogue One. Like father, like son! Man, this episode was so fun.
    bror.00blue_sleeveMurderbear
  • jluzania said:
    I watched it again and was struck by how Luke's climactic moment against the Dark Troopers is a bizarro mirror of Vader's scene in Rogue One. Like father, like son! Man, this episode was so fun.

I totally thought this too ... and ended up rewatching Rogue One this weekend because of that. It holds up pretty well IMO.
    bror.00jluzania
  • MrX said:
    jluzania said:
    I watched it again and was struck by how Luke's climactic moment against the Dark Troopers is a bizarro mirror of Vader's scene in Rogue One. Like father, like son! Man, this episode was so fun.

I totally thought this too ... and ended up rewatching Rogue One this weekend because of that. It holds up pretty well IMO.
    I recently did a rewatch of all the Star Wars movies, basically leading up to season 2 of The Mandalorian and was surprised at how high I ranked Rogue One. I've never been a Star Wars die hard, I've seen all the movies multiple times but that was the extent of my interaction until The Mandalorian started. Rogue One was a solid dark, gritty Star Wars movie and I dug it.
    bror.00
  • awookiee said:
    Rogue One was a solid dark, gritty Star Wars movie and I dug it.
    This is exactly why I am excited for the Andor series ... I've graduated from Ewoks and now I want some dark, spy thriller "war" stories. I was lightly disappointed when I read the news about Disney changing the original director's cut of the movie. I would still love to see what Edwards originally made but I doubt if the Mouse will ever let that cut see the light of day!

That said, I was surprised and delighted to see them green light Andor. I think they must sense that the market is diverse enough to service the different sub grounds of fandom.
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited December 2020
    bror.00 said:
    awookiee said:
    This is exactly why I am excited for the Andor series ... I've graduated from Ewoks and now I want some dark, spy thriller "war" stories. I was lightly disappointed when I read the news about Disney changing the original director's cut of the movie. I would still love to see what Edwards originally made but I doubt if the Mouse will ever let that cut see the light of day!

That said, I was surprised and delighted to see them green light Andor. I think they must sense that the market is diverse enough to service the different sub grounds of fandom.

It's also one of the more beautifully shot modern Star Wars movies, the 4K version on Disney+ looks pretty fantastic. 

And: K-2SO is a top-tier droid character. So good.
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    I added this to the Covid Christmas feed but then had a thought that this may the proper place. Happy Holidays to my Mando family!

lengmojluzaniaawookieeMurderbear
  • MrX said:
    bror.00 said:
    awookiee said:

It's also one of the more beautifully shot modern Star Wars movies, the 4K version on Disney+ looks pretty fantastic. 

And: K-2SO is a top-tier droid character. So good.
    I will also confirm it looks amazing on 4k disk as well. And you are spot on, K-2SO was definitely a top tier droid. The droids always inject humor but K-2SO took it to a whole nother' level. 
  • K-2SO might have my favorite character introduction in all of the Star Wars saga. 
  • The Making of Season 2 doc is out now. These people are brilliant, and it would be so much fun to work on this set.
    Hatorian