Gremlins?

StoodawgStoodawg Kalamazoo, MI
Did the boys ever cover Gremlins before? I seem to remember hearing it but I couldn't find it.

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Not that I know of. It is one of my favorites, so I think I would recall it. I have an inkling that next year's Christmas theme will be Christmas Horror movies. There are plenty out there, and some actually good ones at that. I'd be so game. 
    Stoodawg
  • StoodawgStoodawg Kalamazoo, MI
    Not that I know of. It is one of my favorites, so I think I would recall it. I have an inkling that next year's Christmas theme will be Christmas Horror movies. There are plenty out there, and some actually good ones at that. I'd be so game. 
    That would be awesome. I had just thought they may have done it during a past Christmas theme because it's such a well known movie. It's good there's still jems like that to look forward to!
    edited December 2020
    Yeah, I don't recall them doing it. I think it is still out there for covering. 

They could easily do a Krampus, Gremlins, Silent Night Deadly Night, A Christmas Horror Story, Black Christmas, Jack Frost combination for a horror Christmas compilation if they so chose. 
  • We watched this with our near 6 year old and she enjoyed it. But a warning to parents of Santa-believing children, there is one line from Phoebe Cates denying Santa's existence. I just awkwardly talked over it and it worked out lol! 
    Jenny said:
    We watched this with our near 6 year old and she enjoyed it. But a warning to parents of Santa-believing children, there is one line from Phoebe Cates denying Santa's existence. I just awkwardly talked over it and it worked out lol! 
    Man, that movie scared the bejeezus out of me as a kid. Your kiddo is made from stronger stuff than I am.
  • I had an older brother and a mom who worked nightshift so I grew up watching movies like Mad Max, Terminator, Alien and Die Hard with him and my dad so I don't think I have a great internal compass for what's appropriate for what age. Those are some of my fave movies now but maybe my daughter will be telling her therapist about it in 20 years lol
    Oh sorry! I wasn't passing any judgement on that end. I just remember being creeped out by the Twilight Zone-esq ending where we are warned about Gremlins coming to our town. Creeped out more than was reasonable, maybe.  
    Jenny
  • Oh no I didn't take it that way. Its weird what freaks her out. The Gremlins didn't bother her but she was scared of the mean old lady that yelled at the beginning. She won't watch Coco,  not because of the skeletons, but because the grandmother gets angry and yells at the little boy. She hates people being angry at each other.