Animated Marvel or DC

I'm watching Batman the Animated Series on HBO Max and so far it is really holding up well.  Are any of the other DC animated stuff like Justice League or any of the Marvel animated stuff near the same level?

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I'm watching Batman the Animated Series on HBO Max and so far it is really holding up well.  Are any of the other DC animated stuff like Justice League or any of the Marvel animated stuff near the same level?
    From my experience, Batman the Animated Series is the high watermark for animated superhero stuff (and probably televised animation as well). I have heard really fun things about Teen Titans, however. I remember Spider-Man and X-Men both having decent animated series, but I really doubt they hold up in the way that Batman does. 

DC has done a ton of movies as well, but I haven't enjoyed many. They churn those out, however, so people must be eating them up. Mask of the Phantasm is fantastic, however. Unsurprisingly because it is the same team behind Batman TAS. 
  • calebthrowercalebthrower South Carolina
    edited January 14
    The Harley Quinn series on HBO Max is a fun watch

Edit: added an is. I'm a bad typer  :p
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    The Harley Quinn series on HBO Max a fun watch
    Ooh, good one. 
  • No idea if it holds up but I remember as a kid watching the X-Men animated series in addition to Batman. It's available on Disney+. I do know that the theme song still slaps.

calebthrowerChinaski
  • calebthrowercalebthrower South Carolina
    Also, it's not Marvel or DC but the Mighty Ducks animated show on Disney+ is still pretty good. I've been watching through it with my son. Another theme song that is a banger
  • I don't think it's on HBO Max, but Justice League and Justice League Unlimited (same show basically, just renamed) were good. They're also by the Batman TAS team.

I've heard the 90s X-Men cartoon and X-Men Evolution were good and hold up also, but I haven't watched those since I was aged in the single digits.
  • Also, I second the new Harley Quinn show on HBO Max
  • The first 2 or 3 seasons of the teen titans cartoon was really good. There was also a legion of superheroes cartoon that was uneven but I enjoyed

Young justice is led by Greg weisman (among others), who was one of the main creators of the gargoyles cartoon. Another favorite dc cartoon. But I'm not sure where you can watch it 
  • Thank you. 
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    Thank you. 
    All the Bruce Timm-verse cartoons are solid to great.   

Superman
    Justice League
    Justice League Unlimited
    Batman Beyond 

I think the Batman Brave and the Bold is more goofy, but it is a TON of fun and it has almost every DC hero in it as some point.  The aquaman in that show is worth watching just on its own. 
    WarpedCore
  • rhcoop said:
    Thank you. 
    All the Bruce Timm-verse cartoons are solid to great.   

Superman
    Justice League
    Justice League Unlimited
    Batman Beyond 

I think the Batman Brave and the Bold is more goofy, but it is a TON of fun and it has almost every DC hero in it as some point.  The aquaman in that show is worth watching just on its own. 
    Totally agree with the Batman Brave and the Bold. More humorous and silly, but well written. Blue Beetle was one of my favorite characters in that series.

I agree with all the other mentions you listed except Batman Beyond. I just couldn't get into that version of Batman. Never could no matter how hard I tried.