Does anyone know if they will cover WandaVision?

According to IMDB
> Budget of the show is 225 million dollars 9 episodes 25 per episode making it the most expensive tv series in history

And the initial review on rottentomatoes is pretty good too. Does anyone know if they will cover this show?
SheenVTFreddy

Comments

• ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    pretty sure they’ll do an OTC once they get an idea what it’s all about. personally, i’m really excited about it, looks awesome! 
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Jim did not sound remotely interested
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    neither did based off the uncertainty of what it was all about is how i took it based off the last lunch. 
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I honestly think this is a really smart idea for the MCU. It seems like Marvel knows that while the big movie blockbusters are their bread and butter, they want to diversify the content so it doesn't become stagnant. There will always be tentpoles, but offering some more off-kilter shows or movies is a fantastic plan. 
    Travis
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited January 15
    I didn't realize Matt Shakman is the lone director for this. Definitely increases my interest - he has a pretty impressive range - he's directed sitcoms like Always Sunny (including the amazing "Charlie Work" episode), a great big action episode in Game of Thrones, and a big high concept shows that blend genres like Succession, Fargo, and The Boys.

Sounds like from reviews it's a pretty big departure from anything the MCU has done and it embraces television as a medium instead of stuffing a movie into a 6 part miniseries (which I'm worried something like Falcon & Winter Solider might do) so I'll definitely be checking it out.
    Chinaski
  • Jim did not sound remotely interested
    He's never interested in anything good it seems. Such a debbie downer not sure why he even bothers with the podcast anymore. 
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    They seem to be missing a lot of opportunities. There are new shows and movies to review. But their focus seems to be on older stuff? Sadly I’ve had to go to other podcasts. I’m hoping when we hear the plans for 2021 they will focus again on current TV and movies. 
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    mackeydp said:
    He's never interested in anything good it seems. Such a debbie downer not sure why he even bothers with the podcast anymore. 
    God forbid people don’t like the same things you do. 
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    They seem to be missing a lot of opportunities. There are new shows and movies to review. But their focus seems to be on older stuff? Sadly I’ve had to go to other podcasts. I’m hoping when we hear the plans for 2021 they will focus again on current TV and movies. 
    They don’t often cover first seasons of new shows - it’s been that way for years. They generally only do it if it’s something super buzzy that they are both really interested in. 
  • Beyond Jim not sounding overly interested which doesn't a good podcast make, I also don't think its a show that translates well for their typical single show coverage.  Sure there's plenty of speculation to go around, but since so much of what's onscreen is still straightforward sitcom there's not much plot for them to talk about outside what little they've said on Lunch and OTC. 
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Perhaps a listen to Joanne Robinson will change your opinion?
  • edited February 9
    Perhaps a listen to Joanne Robinson will change your opinion?

I haven't listened to her podcasting on this show yet, but to be clear I'm not saying a good podcast can't be made about the show, just that I'm not sure that this show falls in Jim & ARon's wheelhouse for a dedicated podcast.  I've enjoyed the last two episodes of WandaVision much more than the first three, but even now there's very little plot to recap which is usually a big chunk of what they do and even when Jim enjoys superhero stuff he doesn't typically go in much for speculation or theorizing which doesn't leave much else for them to talk about.  If they do decide to do one, great, I'm just not surprised it wasn't a Season 1 podcast and not surprised that they don't seem to be eager to do more than bring it up on OTC and Lunch so far.  It is rough that it feels like a missed opportunity for some buzz for Bald Move since people are hungry for content, but I can understand why.
  • HunkuleseHunkulese Québec, Canada
    Dee said:
    mackeydp said:
    God forbid people don’t like the same things you do. 
    They don't really seem to like much of anything anymore.

It's great they have enough support to do whatever they want, but I can't imagine they're growing their audience very much.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @Hunkulese Has there been much TV to get excited about in the last few months? WandaVision is very much tied to the Marvel universe so you need to have watched eleven billion movies first to know what’s going on. We had S4 of Fargo, which they covered, The Expanse, which they covered. What else is there? We don’t have those big GoT, Mad Men, Breaking Bad type shows going on right now. 
    Elisa
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited February 11
    If you need something to tide you over until Jim and A. Ron decide to start coverage, it just so happens my brother is doing a WandaVision podcast. They are also covering the second season of the Snowpiercer series along with it. https://open.spotify.com/show/6jvHCWbsd7L0MbWlCll5J7
    Michelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited February 11
    They could work around the clock to try to cover everything that everyone is interested in and do mediocre to bad podcasts on them due to not really being much interested in them, or they can do the shows they’re genuinely interested in (that have also received good industry buzz) and do great podcasts on those.  Which would you prefer?
    Cory
  • Nice long segment on the last 2 episodes on OTC today. 
    ChinaskiFreddy