WandaVision Episodes 1 & 2

edited January 15 in Other TV
Hey everybody, was wondering what y'all think about the first two episodes of WandaVision

After years of being trained like a Pavlovian dog by Marvel to wait for post credit stingers they really pull the rug out from under us in their first television series

Comments

• edited January 15
    I thoroughly enjoyed it, although I get why some would find it bizarre. If you remember shows like Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie, it was a lot of fun. They nail the tone of those shows perfectly while giving you just enough MCU flava to remind you what you’re watching. 
    Kathryn Hahn is Gold whatever she’s in, and Olson and Bettany are utterly charming. 
    blue_sleeveCoryHatorian
  • adobo1148 said:

Kathryn Hahn is Gold whatever she’s in, and Olson and Bettany are utterly charming. 
    She’s awesome in Step Brothers and Parks and Rec.
    Freddy
  • My only complaint so far was that there was 4 minutes of credits at the end of episode one, but no post credits scene. 
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Dummy said:
    My only complaint so far was that there was 4 minutes of credits at the end of episode one, but no post credits scene. 
    The post credits scene was more credits!? Marvel, you sly dog, you.
    Dummycdrive
  • Liked it a lot. Have watched it twice so far, the second time after all the youtube '10 things you missed' etc, etc.  It's amazing the amount of information they packed into each frame of the show.

That being said, I think they might have overshot on the intended presentation. Watched it with the wife who is a casual MCU watcher (i.e. the majority of humans) and she didn't like it at all. Towards the end of the second episode her only comment was "how is this supposed to be funny". I tried to explain it wasn't supposed to literally be a sitcom but she was just seeing a bad sitcom with a couple random MCU characters, one of which was stupid because he was supposed to be dead. Not sure I'll be able to get her to watch ep 3...

• Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Any idea why the end credits are like 7 minutes long? And @redlancer your wife does have a point. Too much subtle inside clues that something will eventually happen. 
  • edited January 18
    I had thought Wanda was being experimented on based on the voice from the radio. That was until the end of episode 2 where the faceless bee guy crawls out of the sewer and Wanda rewinds. 

Now I think she's in her own mind dealing with the grief of Vision's death.

I hope they go to an All in the Family show soon. Vision as Meathead would be funny.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    SlashFilm brought up the idea of them eventually making it to The Office-style episodes if they keep going forward in time...that idea is making my brain explode. 
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    wonder if we get a Full House-ish episode with the Olsen twins?
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    I'm waiting for them to get to the 90s and do a Full House style, and her twin sisters guest starring.
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Are they really doing a sitcom every episode through the entire season? I realize I’m the only one on this thread already over that gimmick. 
  • lengmolengmo RTP, NC
    Are they really doing a sitcom every episode through the entire season? I realize I’m the only one on this thread already over that gimmick. 

I don't think so; TV shows these days tend to be quick to change things up to keep people watching.

Kind of a shame, really.  Imagine if The Good Place had done the second season as a slow burn or iZombie had kept to its formula instead of tossing it all at the end of season two.
  • redlancerredlancer Seattle
    edited January 19

I'm guessing the next episode will be the last of the 'stuck in a TV show' episodes before we get to the meat of what's really going on. Or at least by the middle of ep4. 
    Teresa from Concord
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    This is the only MCU project I'm excited for other than Dr. Strange and Spider-Man. 

I enjoyed it.  

This is not spoilers, but speculation, but I'm sure her neighbor is Agatha Harkness. 

That's a deep cut for Marvel fans and West Coast Avengers lore, but that is what I think.  
  • JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    The first 2 episodes fell a little flat for me.  I'm excited to see a little bit of color come back at the end of E02.  I really hope we get out of the TV show thing soon though.  
    Teresa from Concord
  • I'm just along for the ride with this show. I have zero knowledge outside of the MCU movies but so far this show has been entertaining enough to keep watching. It's 20-30 minute episodes that you know will tie into the bigger picture at some point. 
    Chinaski