Super Bowl 55

I just hope that someday soon, after the nation is ready to heal, he’ll be remembered for being the extremely competent quarterback he was, and not all the wrongdoing.

Comments

• Lol Brady has more rings than any single FRANCHISE in NFL history.

As a Pats fan I enjoyed seeing old school Brady to Gronk. Felt bad that Mahomes was under so much pressure and we never got a real showdown. KC O-Line v TB D-Line was a ridiculous mismatch.
    Noel
  • MrX said:
    Lol Brady has more rings than any single FRANCHISE in NFL history.

As a Pats fan I enjoyed seeing old school Brady to Gronk. Felt bad that Mahomes was under so much pressure and we never got a real showdown. KC O-Line v TB D-Line was a ridiculous mismatch.
    Hey man... I’m with you. 

It kind of breaks my heart to know that despite all of Brady’s accomplishments, all anyone is going to want to talk about is that it was all done under a dark cloud of suspicion.

It just doesn’t seem fair.
    NoelDoctor_Nick
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    MrX said:
    Felt bad that Mahomes was under so much pressure and we never got a real showdown. KC O-Line v TB D-Line was a ridiculous mismatch.
    It looked like a college offensive line at times. I also feel bad for Mahomes and I’m surprised he didn’t get injured at any point in the game. That we know of, I know his foot has been an issue.
    JoshuaHeter
  • Noel said:
    It looked like a college offensive line at times. I also feel bad for Mahomes and I’m surprised he didn’t get injured at any point in the game. That we know of, I know his foot has been an issue.
    I couldn’t help but think... if KC had to play with a QB with even average mobility (like their backup, Henne), the Bucs might’ve won 50-0.
    Noel
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Noel said:
    I couldn’t help but think... if KC had to play with a QB with even average mobility (like their backup, Henne), the Bucs might’ve won 50-0.
    50-0 might be too light

Who the fuck makes this a *should’ve been* completed pass?!
    JoshuaHeterChinaski
  • Noel said:
    Noel said:
    50-0 might be too light

For real, he hit the receiver in the face mask on that throw. Superman.

JoshuaHeterNoelGiovanni
  • edited February 8
    Hey man... I’m with you. 

It kind of breaks my heart to know that despite all of Brady’s accomplishments, all anyone is going to want to talk about is that it was all done under a dark cloud of suspicion.

It just doesn’t seem fair.
    I don't give two shits about the "cheating" (even if it was all true, we're talking tiny edges). I just care that he's a trump supporting asshole. 

Edit - and as someone who lives in Boston, the loudest pats fans are always the ones who yell about how kneeling during the anthem is disrespectful while covering their cars in blue lives matter flags, which of course is against the flag code and actually disrespectful to the flag (if you subscribe to the idea that you can be disrespectful to a piece of cloth, which I don't). The only good thing about this superbowl was knowing all the Pats fans who are bitter that he won with another team, or watching all the "I'm not a fair weathah fan I loved the pats before Brady" suddenly be Tampa Bay fans. 

Edit edit - Of course, KC gleefully rehired a probable wife and child beater and made him a star of their team, so it's not like cheering for them was a better position. Ugh. I often with I just didn't like football so I could ignore it, cause it's full of awful people. 

Edit edit edit - Sorry for being a debbie downer in a fun sports thread  :#
    JoshuaHeterGiovanni
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Noel said:

there were a number a bad drops from Hill to Kelce. also, gotta give props to that TB D, they were all over the place! i mean, to not allow a TD to Mahomes and that KC offense is wild.
    JoshuaHeter
  • I'm firmly in the Brady is the GOAT in football now, and I've kind of grown up hating the guy. To win a superbowl at 43 with a brand new team is pretty wild. Most QBs hang it up in their 30s looking like a shadow of their younger self. I don't know much about the guy but if he's a trump supporter then i have another reason to dislike him. 
    do you guys think TB12 should have been MVP?
  • If there was a way to give it to all 4 of the Bucs front 4, they should have won, but for any individual it has to be Brady IMO. 200 yards and 3tds in a 31-9 game? Yeah that'll get you it. 
    JoshuaHeterNoel
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited February 10
    I'm just gonna leave this here :)

(That's Henri Richard, he won 11 Stanley Cups!)

Bill Russel on line 1.. 11 rings in 13 years

Image result for bill russell rings
    CretanBull
  • cdrive said:
    Y’all are cute.

Get outta here with your non-team sports!
    cdriveChinaskiNoelasmallcatFreddy
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    I mean, 10 of those 23 gold medals are relays but ok  :*
    CretanBull
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited February 10
    If we're talking individual athletes I'll go with Bolt - still holds the WR for the 100 & 200. Doesn't get simpler than fastest human ever. Phelps is great but there are like 50.different swimming events so easier to rack up the medals.

NoelCretanBull
  • edited February 10
    Oh now we're on a debate I can get onboard with. I am 100% a swim medals are bullshit truther. There are like 10 events where you swim 100 meters. FUCKING BULLSHIT! It would be like if there was a 50, 100, and 200 meter sprint, and there was a skip, power walk, naruto run, and windmill arms race at all those distances too. If the same guy is winning all 37 100 meter swim events then they are too similar. 

And, if we're comparing who is the fastest swimmer, why all the bullshit about what stroke you can use? It should be whoever can swim 100 meters the fastest, use whatever stroke you want. Maybe there's some pyscho out there who can't swim freestyle but can doggy paddle at 30mph. Get him in the pool! (Note - I think that you actually CAN doggy paddle in the freestyle race, IIRC it's actually called freestyle because you can do whatever you want, it's just that the "freestyle" stroke is the fastest one). Why do we care that one guy can do breast stroke faster than other people but is still way slower than people doing different strokes. Fuck that. SWIMMING MEDAL COUNTS ARE BULLSHIT. Phelps is no more impressive an athlete than Bolt, or Gabby Douglas, or any other athlete who was at the top of their sport for multiple Olympics, but but he gets to lord his padded stats over everyone. 

Oh, I was also at the University of Michigan while Phelps was there, and he puked on a friend of a friend at a party. Good times. 

Edit - And it's also bullshit that the decathalon people don't get 10 medals then. They have to be good at like 6 really different things! That's so much more impressive than swimming good 5 slightly different ways. 
    bizmarkiefadercdriveCretanBullGiovanniNoel
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    cdrive said:
    Y’all are cute.

Get outta here with your non-team sports!

cdriveCretanBullMrXJoshuaHeterNoel
  • asmallcat said:
    I am 100% a swim medals are bullshit truther.  
    I literally spit out a mouthful of tea laughing at this! 
    asmallcatMrX
    MrX said:
    If we're talking individual athletes I'll go with Bolt - still holds the WR for the 100 & 200. Doesn't get simpler than fastest human ever. Phelps is great but there are like 50.different swimming events so easier to rack up the medals.

If only he had a football in his hand.
    CretanBullMrXNoel
  • Freddy said:
    He tried to play pro soccer...it didn't go very well.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    @asmallcat dang man, but how do you REALLY feel!? Haha. Show me on the doll where the Olympic swimming medalist hurt you.

Some counter points: Bill Russell didn’t have to wait in 4 year intervals to rack up 11 rings in 13 years. Phelps, Simone Biles, Bolt, Jackie-Joyner Kersee, Jesse Owens, and Carl Lewis etc...that’d be like 3 Olympics in 13 years for those “goats of exercise.” Comparing championship count within one sport is messy, even messier comparing generations within that sport and even more messier crossing all sports. Like Phelps swam against the world’s best in 4 year intervals. Bill Russell played for a championship each year when there were only like 8 teams.  Robert Horry is not better than Jordan. Sam Jones is not better than Dream. Gretzky is goat, not Henri Richard. Brady with 7 championships, hold on...just puked in my mouth a little bit, Brady with 7 championships is amazing. 
  • edited February 10
    @cdrive oh I 100% find Olympic gold medals more impressive than US team sport championships (in most stuff - I could pass on, like, archery and ribbon gymnastics or whatever it's called, and also all the winter sled sports which seem to basically be a who's who of rich white kids whose parents could afford to send them to luge school or some shit [bobseld excluded]), I just think the "Phelps is the GOAT cause he has the most medals" case is bullshit. 

That's right, you all got a bonus olympic hot take in this post, that winter sled sports are rich white kid nonsense. 
    cdriveCretanBull
  • cdrive said:
    @asmallcat dang man, but how do you REALLY feel!? Haha. Show me on the doll where the Olympic swimming medalist hurt you.

Some counter points: Bill Russell didn’t have to wait in 4 year intervals to rack up 11 rings in 13 years. Phelps, Simone Biles, Bolt, Jackie-Joyner Kersee, Jesse Owens, and Carl Lewis etc...that’d be like 3 Olympics in 13 years for those “goats of exercise.” Comparing championship count within one sport is messy, even messier comparing generations within that sport and even more messier crossing all sports. Like Phelps swam against the world’s best in 4 year intervals. Bill Russell played for a championship each year when there were only like 8 teams.  Robert Horry is not better than Jordan. Sam Jones is not better than Dream. Gretzky is goat, not Henri Richard. Brady with 7 championships, hold on...just puked in my mouth a little bit, Brady with 7 championships is amazing. 

Yea 7 in the current NFL seems kind of in a league of it's own. 2x three-peats for Jordan in the 90s is maybe on the same level, but the logistics of having a successful NFL roster and actually running the table thru the playoffs 7 times seems more improbable than putting together those two iterations of the Bulls super teams.
    Giovanni
    Freddy said:
    He tried to play pro soccer...it didn't go very well.
    Ahh. Being able to outrun a full speed soccer ball doesn't help if you can't stop in time to kick it. The man just doesn't have brakes.
    CretanBull
  • Seems like Tom is enjoying his new life as a Florida man.

• MrX said:
    Seems like Tom is enjoying his new life as a Florida man.

I feel like he was always a florida man at heart.