No Joss Whedon thread?

CoryCory New Scotland
We've known about some of his mistreatment of Charisma Carpenter, fired for being pregnant. 

Now Michelle Trachtenberg saying the rule was he wasn't allowed in a room alone with her. She was a minor while on Buffy's finale 3 seasons.
asmallcat

Comments

• Honestly was never that big a fan of Joss anyways, so yeah fuck that guy. You don’t have to be a giant creep and asshole to be successful and we shouldn’t reward these types just because they happen be good creative types. For every Joss there’s a Vince Gilligan who’s successful and not a huge asshole and we should be championing that mindset more as a society. 
    asmallcatMichelle
  • It looks like the flood gates finally opened for him. After the allegations by his ex-wife, Carpenter's interview with (I think) TV Guide, and Ray Fisher's case, things still seemed pretty quiet with him. Carpenter's new posts being backed up by so many of her costars looks like it may all be sticking now. Also, is this related to his departure from The Nevers?
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I’ve always hated that smug turd so there’s nothing new for me.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Alkaid13 said:
    Honestly was never that big a fan of Joss anyways, so yeah fuck that guy. You don’t have to be a giant creep and asshole to be successful and we shouldn’t reward these types just because they happen be good creative types. For every Joss there’s a Vince Gilligan who’s successful and not a huge asshole and we should be championing that mindset more as a society. 
    Jon Favreau is another one who has always seemed like a really decent guy and is massively successful. It can be done. 
  • Buffy was one of the first shows I binged, and it basically initiated my love of TV. I have been a fan of Joss ever since, and have even commissioned several Joss products, so it's taken me a while to come to terms with how shitty of a person he is. He always portrayed himself as a feminist and progressive, and seeing the Willow/Tara relationship in Buffy was an important step in my political evolution, so it's really sad to hear that he didn't really live up to those principles. I've never been able to separate the artist from their work, so between this and the JK Rowling TERF stuff, my favorite stories have really taken a hit.
    CoryGiovanniTravis
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Shum said:
    Buffy was one of the first shows I binged, and it basically initiated my love of TV. I have been a fan of Joss ever since, and have even commissioned several Joss products, so it's taken me a while to come to terms with how shitty of a person he is. He always portrayed himself as a feminist and progressive, and seeing the Willow/Tara relationship in Buffy was an important step in my political evolution, so it's really sad to hear that he didn't really live up to those principles. I've never been able to separate the artist from their work, so between this and the JK Rowling TERF stuff, my favorite stories have really taken a hit.
    I remember when the initial Charisma stuff first came out, and I hummed and hawed over it, and kinda decided there's two sides to every story and tried to give him the benefit of the doubt.  Then I saw more and more cracks develop over time, and decided he was a bad guy by the time his wife came forward.

But this level has even surprised me.
  • At this point the only thing to say is I hope that each one that falls makes it easier for the next. 
    CoryjluzaniaGiovanni
  • May everyone's life be as pleasant as they are. 
    Corylengmo
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    He is a guy I met by happenstance a bunch of years ago at San Diego Comic-Con and was awestruck. This was before Avengers and around Firefly time. What a kick in the balls some of this stuff is. Nothing compared to people that had to deal with the skeevy bullshit. But as fans of things, I think we really take stuff in and hold onto it. I thought he was one of the good ones.