Edgar Wright to Remake The Running Man

I am fine with this.  I actually like the sillyish Arnold Schwarzenegger but the story definitely has some more depth that could easily be explored in a new movie.  And Edgar Wright knows what he is doing.   
Hatorian

Comments

• rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    Why?  No Arnie, no dice for me.  

They really have to do a great job casting the lead to get me remotely interested. 
  • It will at least have an interesting visual look to it
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Why is also my first thought. I’m guessing it’s another example of no new ideas. I wish Hollywood would take a break on remakes. 
  • I guess I am the minority.

As a longtime "Constant Reader" I was NOT a fan of the Arnie version of The Running Man. While I did like Richard Dawson's role in the film, I was not a fan of the movie at all. I wish they would have named this movie something other than the Stephen King/Richard Bachman novel title. Maybe I wouldn't have passed judgment so easily then.

It does sound like Wright's version will be a more faithful and true version of the novel. This is something I am looking forward to. 

Now, if Hollywood would get serious and get to it with "The Long Walk". One of my all time favorite stories.
    Dee
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I’m with you @WarpedCore. Not a fan of the Arnie version, and Edgar Wright has done enough interesting things that I’m keen to see what he does with this. 
    WarpedCore
  • Dee said:
    I’m with you @WarpedCore. Not a fan of the Arnie version, and Edgar Wright has done enough interesting things that I’m keen to see what he does with this. 
    Nice! I also have been a fan of many of Edgar Wrights films. This may be an unpopular take, but I really enjoyed Baby Driver. I wonder what the falling out was during Ant-Man?
  • I thought lots of people liked Baby Dirver. And I also really liked the Long Walk. Stephen King was Hunger Games before Hunger Games was cool. 
    WarpedCore