Allen v. Farrow

So... we’re doing this thing, right?

https://youtu.be/cKTOj7HnLbo

Comments

• I'm going to watch it, but I already think he's a vile person who did everything he's been accused of, so it will probably just be confirmation bias for me.
    Dee
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    my brain read the title of this thread 'Alien v. Farrow' and thought it was another Alien v. Predator type of movie. 
    JoshuaHeterCorycdrivepollyseeds
  • @sarahtatuga

Yeah, that’s basically where I’m at. I’m largely already convinced of his guilt. I’ll try to keep an open mind, but early reviews make it sound like the series won’t do anything to make me think Allen is an innocent in any of this.
  • Chinaski said:
    my brain read the title of this thread 'Alien v. Farrow' and thought it was another Alien v. Predator type of movie. 
    Well it certainly seems one of them was a predator. 
  • I walked into my living room and my husband was watching it last night (so I didn’t see it from the beginning) the 5 minutes of it that I did see still has me amazingly disturbed that this man is still allowed to walk free in society let alone still make movies and have people defend him. I forced my husband to watch Golden Girls till Jon Oliver came on cause I couldn’t take it. And I’m still disturbed by it today. 

I’ve never seen a movie he’s made and I never will.  
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    I walked into my living room and my husband was watching it last night (so I didn’t see it from the beginning) the 5 minutes of it that I did see still has me amazingly disturbed that this man is still allowed to walk free in society let alone still make movies and have people defend him. I forced my husband to watch Golden Girls till Jon Oliver came on cause I couldn’t take it. And I’m still disturbed by it today. 

Hollywood also celebrates Roman Polanski.  Didn't they give him a standing ovation for the pianist years ago. 

It's . . . "odd" that this type of behavior gets a pass from a lot of those people. 

Even after finally getting called out by the Oscars in 2018 most mainstream media dances around this subject. 

https://apnews.com/article/7560f7a86d8d4936b3f48ed3b735c02d

• rhcoop said:
    I walked into my living room and my husband was watching it last night (so I didn’t see it from the beginning) the 5 minutes of it that I did see still has me amazingly disturbed that this man is still allowed to walk free in society let alone still make movies and have people defend him. I forced my husband to watch Golden Girls till Jon Oliver came on cause I couldn’t take it. And I’m still disturbed by it today. 

Hollywood also celebrates Roman Polanski.  Didn't they give him a standing ovation for the pianist years ago. 

It's . . . "odd" that this type of behavior gets a pass from a lot of those people. 

Even after finally getting called out by the Oscars in 2018 most mainstream media dances around this subject. 

https://apnews.com/article/7560f7a86d8d4936b3f48ed3b735c02d

Yes, with the way both Allen and Polanski have still been worshiped in Hollywood makes it just mind boggling that people have been so surprised by the things that brought about #metoo. Like, HELLO! Of course these terrible things are going on all over cause people just don’t care. “Art is greater than just the artist” and all that crap. Sorry no it isn’t and all the apologist really need a whole lot of self reflection. These men are monsters and need to be held accountable 
    rhcoop
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited February 22
    After listening to Serial and Making a Murderer, I think these documentaries are so slanted and normally leave out so much pertinent information that you can’t really use then to form your beliefs. A particular red flag is when filmmakers are getting special access from one of the party’s involved.