Resident Alien

r0ck44r0ck44 Fairborn, Ohio
edited February 22 in Other TV
Anyone checked it out yet on SyFy?? Funny show and Alan Tudyk is really good
rhcoop

Comments

• I liked the pilot but haven’t watched the rest. I’m going to burn through it soon thoug
    r0ck44
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Unfortunately I do not have a way to watch SyFy anymore. I saw they put the first three on YouTube and I watched the first episode last night. I thought it was great. I love Alan Tudyk as well.
  • fun little show, good family time watch. My 10 yr old's favorite quote is "I'm not going to hurt you, but I am going to kill you."
  • calebthrowercalebthrower South Carolina
    edited February 22
    Unfortunately I do not have a way to watch SyFy anymore. I saw they put the first three on YouTube and I watched the first episode last night. I thought it was great. I love Alan Tudyk as well.
    You may have already thought of this, but I have a close relative that I venmo 10ish bucks a month to use their cable log in credentials on the apps tv channels offer. I have been able to watch mostly what I'm interested in this way

Edit: I pay for HBO, Prime, and Netflix but every now and then something like Resident Alien comes along that I want to watch so this has worked out well. 
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    I LOVE this show.  I have look forward and have more fun with this how than anything on TV right now.  

After Tucker and Dale versus Evil I actively follow Tudyk.  He's great in this show, it's way to underrated. 
    Watched the first episode last night an LOVED it. Such a fun show. I'm looking forward to catching up so I can watch week to week going forward

Fun fact: The entire time I was thinking the actress that plays Asta Twelvetrees (the doctor's assistant I guess) looked super familiar. Turns out, she played the cave woman in the season 2 opener of The Leftovers
    rhcoop
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Is this based off a video game?
    Is this based off a video game?
    It's based off a comic series from Dark Horse comics. The original run is only about 4 issues. There have been other series, though.

https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/19-669/Resident-Alien-0
    rhcoop
  • It's pretty fun.  Heartily recommend.  Ole' twodicks is a gem.  
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Just watched first episode. Brilliant! I laughed out loud numerous times. Looking forward to the rest of the episodes. 
  • Tucker and Dale is criminally underrated. I would put it in my top 10s for both horror and comedy 
    rhcoopDee
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    Hatorian said:
    Tucker and Dale is criminally underrated. I would put it in my top 10s for both horror and comedy 
    The kid threw himself into the Woodchipper!

Hatorian
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I love Tucker & Dale vs Evil! Under-rated gem. 
    rhcoopHatorian
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited February 28
    Finally caught up. Man this show is hilarious. There’s a ton of laugh out loud moments each episode. Haven’t laughed this loud since What We Do in the Shadows.

This quote had me dying...

“I am not alone up here. This is bad. I just felt my rear iris pucker and my testicles tighten....My taint remains unchanged.”

tudyk’s facial expressions are gold for sure. His laugh cracks me up every time. 

early contender for my top 5 for sure.
    rhcoop