Comments

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    WHOSE HOUSE!??!? COOOOOOOOOOOGZ HOUSE!!!!
    Chinaskiasmallcat
  • edited March 15
    As much as I want UMich to win, I think they're a soft 1 and won't make it to the final 4. 

Edit - Still picked them to win, though. 
    Hatorian
    Done. Thanks @Hatorian for setting it up!

My Final Four:

Obviously I’m pulling for my alma mater to go the distance. They haven’t been this good since Phi Slama Jama. 
    Hatorian
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    I got 2 cuz I was testing but my real one is the illini one

cdrive
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    submitted! thanks for setting this up @Hatorian!
    Hatorian
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    More than any other year I can remember I have absolutely 0 idea who is good in college basketball right now. The only things I know is that Michigan State who I usually root for sucks now and also rebranded to "MSU Spartans Presented By Rocket Mortgage" and that according to someone who went to Gonzaga, Gonzaga has a 100% chance to win it all.
    HatorianChinaski
    edited March 16
    MSU Spartans Presented By Rocket Mortgage" :D. that's so goddamn dumb. yeah i don't know squat about current NCAA hoops either. haven't really followed in years. all i can tell you about this year is that Gonzaga apparently is really good, Juwan Howard coaches Michigan who apparently is also not bad, and Duke stunk and got covid.

i kinda stopped following NCAA hoops when it just became 1 and done. it was just tough to get attached and follow a team or players. to me, 90's college basketball was so much fun to watch. i still remember the 1995 tourney like it was yesterday, that was one of the first brackets i remember filling out and doing really well in. i got in trouble for cutting school just so i could watch a bunch of those games.

Hatorian
  • Thanks for creating this! I put an entry in, and also added an auto generated BPI bracket. Curious to see if the computer does better than me. :)

I agree, the NCAA was so much better when players stayed for 3-4 years. I was young, but remember some great games between Jordan, Ewing, etc. Too bad they won't pay their players their market value, maybe players would actually stick around rather than trying to go to the NBA right away. 
    Hatorian
  • I'm in, thanks for setting up ... watched very close to zero college hoops this year so basically rolled the dice!
    Hatorian
    Oral Roberts wrecked everyone’s bracket!  :D
    On one hand I always hope my bracket will be mostly on point but I love it when a massive underdog like a 15 seed knocking out a 2 seed happens. The March Madness we need after a 2 year hiatus.   
    you said Oral..

Beavis And Butthead GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
    cdrivecalebthrower
  • edited March 19
    HA! I knew my hatred of Ohio State would pay off!  

Edit - I thought you would all want this to haunt your nightmares too.

Chinaskicdrive
    haha Brutas looking hella high! :D
    cdrive
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Let’s go UNT! I don’t go there but two of my brothers are alumni. I’ve been partying with them all night. Go Mean Green.
    cdriveGiovanni
  • The UMich subreddit is full of people making fun of OSU and MSU for losing in the first round and I'm just sitting here expecting it to all blow up in our face when we become the second ever 1 seed to lose to a 16. 
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Noel said:
    Let’s go UNT! I don’t go there but two of my brothers are alumni. I’ve been partying with them all night. Go Mean Green.
    How cool was that!? I'm not a big basketball guy, but fuck me if I don't love some UNT. I owe at least 90% of the good things in my life to them, and never even went.
    Noel
    edited March 20
    Damn I had VCU over Oregon. #Rona
    Feel bad for those kids most importantly. Serious bummer to fight your way to the dance and never get to touch the ball. 
    my bracket stinks haha. @Giovanni is crushing it, him and his robot friend.
  • Chinaski said:

As of now my bracket stinks slighty more, haha. I picked just about all the wrong upsets.
    Chinaski
  • Chinaski said:
    Haha, well the auto one shouldn’t count for me. That's just the ESPN prediction model, so kind of an indicator for us if you can beat the AI. However, I see my regular bracket is doing well too! Let's see how long that can last... :)
    cdrive
  • It destroyed my bracket, but I was rooting all the way for Loyola Chicago. Love those kind of upsets. :D
    Pretty sure no one had that happening! That big man with the mall cop stache is incredibly fun to watch!! A point center with an early 90’s-style post game and great defensive hands!?! Love it. 
    That asshole is either gonna become a firefighter or pedophile...;)

”puts orange bandwagon illini gear away”

”takes out Loyola shirt”

let’s go Chicago!!!
    cdrive
    Also this smells of conspiracy. I mean having Illinois play A Christian team on Sunday morning. That’s like at the height of God’s power. Not fair. 
    cdriveasmallcat
    Hatorian said:
    Also this smells of conspiracy. I mean having Illinois play A Christian team on Sunday morning. That’s like at the height of God’s power. Not fair. 
    I mean...I’m not one for conspiracies but they had Sister Jean right there and a few times I caught her holding her hand out like Baby Yoda....
    Hatorianasmallcat
  • Boy there's starting to be a LOT of red font in my bracket lol. 
    One of my other brackets I’m somehow in the 99% with only 2 final four teams and 1 championship team left. 
  • Hatorian said:
    One of my other brackets I’m somehow in the 99% with only 2 final four teams and 1 championship team left. 
    Proving that life isn't fair, as I somehow my final four is still possible (I'm not holding my breath though) despite the fact that I watched, like, 30 minutes of college basketball this year, 29 of it Michigan games. 
  • Glad my homerism won out with Michigan as it looks like I vastly underestimated them. 
    Chinaski
  • Damnit Michigan this is what I get for starting to have faith in you. 
    ChinaskiHatorian