An odd Hypothetical...

JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
edited March 21 in General
Suppose you have Bezos level wealth. Of course you'll do what's right and use most of it to make the world a better place, but you also set aside a few *billion* to make whatever creative projects you want to see actually happen. What movies, tv shows, video games, etc. do you throw enough money at to make happen? 

For instance, I would make happen...

1. The Bald Move (Jim and Aron) side-scroller NES game. 
2. Ric Burns (brother of Ken) has an amazing multi-part documentary on the history of New York City. I'd commission him to do the same thing for my hometown of St. Louis.
3. I'd hire Matt Weiner to do a Mad Men movie telling the story of what happened to Paul Kinsey after he left for Los Angeles (post Hare Krishna) to become a t.v. writer. 
4. Oh.. and I'd commission a s***-ton of Bald Move podcasts.

What would you make happen?
Travis

Comments

• ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Bald Move Punch Out for the NES would be rad. @Jim as the playable character fighting through a bunch of TV/Movie characters that were covered by BM. then the final boss? you guessed it.. @A_Ron_Hubbard!
    JoshuaHeterTravis
  • MichelleMichelle California
    1.  Throw a ton of money at Matt Weiner to create Mad Men season 8 through ?.  This would dive into the characters as they navigate the 70s and move into 1980, then beyond.

2.  Sponsor a ton of Bald Move live events in all the major U.S. cities, then do a special international tour.  There may or may not be celebrity guest appearances that may or may not include Paul Giamatti, Nick Cage, Bryan Cranston, Jon Hamm, Wes Chatham, George Takei, Mark Hamill, and Justin Theroux.

3.  Travel the world for a year and experience certain seasons in certain countries... Paris in spring, Greece in summer, Italy in fall, England in winter (mainly because I want to be in London for Christmas).

4.  Commission certain celebrity chefs to cook the most exquisite meal they’ve ever made for me and my friends.

5.  How much money would it take to toss Trump behind bars for life?
    JoshuaHeter
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I’d probably set up a fund for creative people from low income areas to have the opportunities that all those mentioned have already had, to be honest. 

But also, Pushing Daisies S3, Carnivale S3. 
    MichelleJoshuaHeter
    ^^^ @Dee with the *right* thing to do... in the meantime, we're getting drunk on power in Hollywood & on yachts in the Mediterranean & partying with J&A. :smirk:  

*hurries to edit comment to add something about paying off all family's debts etc etc etc* (which I actually would do)
    DeeJoshuaHeter
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited March 21
    Definitely would buy a sports team. If that counts as entertainment/media. 

If it doesn’t can I buy Star Wars back from Disney and erase everything except the Mandalorian and Rogue One?
    JoshuaHeter
  • JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
    edited March 21
    Chinaski said:
    Bald Move Punch Out for the NES would be rad. @Jim as the playable character fighting through a bunch of TV/Movie characters that were covered by BM. then the final boss? you guessed it.. @A_Ron_Hubbard!
    Off the top of my head...

Pete from Mad Men
    Joffrey from GoT
    Tuco from Breaking Bad / Better Call Saul
    The Predator from Predator
    ________ from Fargo (?)
    ________ from Stranger Things (?)
    ________ from ________ (?)

Also... *personally*, I’d make Aron the Doc character and the final boss would be Paul Giamatti. But that’s just me.
    ChinaskiMurderbear
    personally*, I’d make Aron the Doc character and the final boss would be Paul Giamatti. But that’s just me.
    haha! i love it! yeah let's roll with that! the in between round dialog would be gold! :D
    JoshuaHeter
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Jodorowsky is still fucking alive right? Give him all the money to make his Dune.

Video Games I’d like to make a game that’s an homage to Metal Marines. 

Probably make Jim Jones and Aron Hubbard have a dinner party with “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan.  

JoshuaHeterChinaski
    cdrive said:
    Probably make Jim Jones and Aron Hubbard have a dinner party with “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan. 
    haha :D that is one of the most random ideas i've heard in a long time. and to that @cdrive.. i salute you!
    JoshuaHetercdrive
    Chinaski said:
    personally*, I’d make Aron the Doc character and the final boss would be Paul Giamatti. But that’s just me.
    haha! i love it! yeah let's roll with that! the in between round dialog would be gold! :D
    I’d legit watch a 90 minute video of just Jim and Aron pitching ideas for the between round dialogue. Give them some bourbon to sip and hilarity is guaranteed.
    Chinaskicdrive
    Chinaski said:
    I’d legit watch a 90 minute video of just Jim and Aron pitching ideas for the between round dialogue. Give them some bourbon to sip and hilarity is guaranteed.
    haha right? i can't stop thinking of the great dialog and the Punch Out dialog SFX.

and also these cut-scenes with Jim and Aron :D

Little Macs Return - Part 5 - Docs Trainer  Punch-Out Amino Amino
    JoshuaHetercdrive
    Chinaski said:
    haha right? i can't stop thinking of the great dialog and the Punch Out dialog SFX.

and also these cut-scenes with Jim and Aron :D 
    Ha... I thought of this too, enough to look up a picture of the Cincinnati skyline...

Chinaski
    Hatorian said:

If it doesn’t can I buy Star Wars back from Disney and erase everything except the Mandalorian and Rogue One?

You can do both. I have thoughts on how to do the sequel trilogy right. After your purchase of the I.P., let’s have a sit down.
    Hatorian
    Hatorian said:

You can do both. I have thoughts on how to do the sequel trilogy right. After your purchase of the I.P., let’s have a sit down.
    I’m always down for some good ideas on the sequels. Feels like such a waste. Don’t want to bore people with my fan fic but these seem like some major missed opportunities that were slam dunks in the original universe. 

Han and leia have twins(light dark conflict)

Luke falls in love raising the new order (old Jedi way vs new Jedi way) 

big bad comes from another galaxy (new bad guy who can be more powerful than emperor, no Death Star or empire type baddie)

Fill in all the rest from there. 

2.  Sponsor a ton of Bald Move live events in all the major U.S. cities, then do a special international tour.  There may or may not be celebrity guest appearances that may or may not include Paul Giamatti, Nick Cage, Bryan Cranston, Jon Hamm, Wes Chatham, George Takei, Mark Hamill, and Justin Theroux.

So what you’re really saying is you want a P-Diddy-esque shrimping vessel the bald move crew can travel the world in. I’m in. 
    Hatorian said:
    So what you’re really saying is you want a P-Diddy-esque shrimping vessel the bald move crew can travel the world in. I’m in. 
    Nope, not sailing between countries.  Private jets only!
    Michelle said:
    Hatorian said:
    Nope, not sailing between countries.  Private jets only!
    Good idea. Easier to smuggle our copious amounts of marijuana and other party drugs
    Chinaski said:

MurderbearChinaski
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Pete Campbell is the Glass Joe. (Just found this the other day and it is perfect https://twitter.com/thegaychingy/status/1372034663540170752?s=21  )
    JoshuaHeterChinaskiTravis
  • JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    Strictly entertainment related...

A. I would buy spotify and put an end to their anti-democratic podcast takeover. No more "spotify exclusive" podcasts. (BTW, I have found a way to download spotify podcasts again, and create a working podcast rss feed to listen in your favorite app again.)

B. Hire Bryan Fuller (Pushing Daisies, Hannibal, American Gods) to make whatever his passion project is.

C. Same, but for Rob Thomas (Veronica Mars, iZombie, Party Down).

D. New season of Braindead, which it seems would be infinitely more relevant today as it's about politicians being taken over by alien brain worms that turn their rhetoric up to 11.

E. Have Penn and Teller update Bullshit now that Penn has softened on his libertarian views and also believes climate change is undeniable.