Rick and Morty S5

Not as excited for this season as past ones but we have a date. June 20th 
visi0n

Comments

• I don't think I've ever actually watched the last season. I should probably do that. I think Rick and Morty might be the first time all the talk around a show made me not like a show that I actually find good. 
  • Just happy that it seems they've figured out how to produce the show so that a season airs every year
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I'm super pumped. I love Rick and Morty and no way a bunch of shit heads worshipping Rick nor bad business deals can make a dent in how much the show makes me laugh. The trailer looked crazy and didn't give much away.

I hope they find a way to make the creative process work and keep the quality relatively high, I'd hate for this show to start wheezing in later years.
    Hatorianasmallcat
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    I’m definitely happy to have it back. I hope the fact that they get to take their time and not release annually means they won’t suffer a quality dip like many other programs do when they get up into S5 and beyond 
  • I'm super pumped. I love Rick and Morty and no way a bunch of shit heads worshipping Rick nor bad business deals can make a dent in how much the show makes me laugh. The trailer looked crazy and didn't give much away.

It wasn't even the fans, really. It just felt like there were a million Rick and Morty think pieces and then it wasn't initially available on any of the streaming platforms I have access to so I got tired of trying to see when it was coming and just....forgot about it. 

But it IS on HBO now, so I'll be catching up. 
  • What did everyone think about the premiere? Thought it was a pretty good episode, but I did miss the trademark Rick rant at the end of each season premiere.
    I liked it. Definitely a rip on GoT. He’s Mr Nimbus! He controls the police!
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Big thumbs up from me. I see a few people are kinda disappointed they didn't get right back into SPACE CLONE BETH plot, but it's not like they've forgotten about it. I'm sure they'll get around to it, and when they do it will be hilarious/tragic.
    Hatorian
    edited June 21
    Somehow having the wall be about keeping a horny future kid out is still a better explanation than we got for the Whitewalkers….
    CretanBullFreddyasmallcat
  • Easily the loudest laugh from me was the Nintendo 69 joke. That had to be the writers giving Justin Roiland shit for being a Nintendo fanboy. 
  • First 2 episodes of the season have both been good IMO. Nice to see the quality is remaining high. 

Also glad I got over my apathy and caught up to present. Season 4 was a lot of fun too. 
    Freddy
  • Has the 2nd pulp episode released yet? I can't find it on the feed, but I swear every update apple makes to the podcast app makes it harder to use. 
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    The last episode caused me and my friends to start watching Multiplicity clips. Then we immediately stopped and agreed to rent out a local theater to screen Multiplicity while on hallucinogens. Don't know when, but it is going down. 
    Hatorian
  • Rare miss this week. 
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Yeah, this one didn't do much for me. But after the previous two episodes were solid, I was wondering when we would be in for a lackluster episode. 
  • I just listened to the pod for this episode. I'm like Jim in that I was an unironic Captain Planet fan when I was a kid in the mid 90s. I had tons of toys and everything. So I definitely enjoyed the episode in that sense. The Rick and Summer stuff was a fun concept but didn't really capture my attention. But I enjoyed all the Morty/Planetina stuff quite a bit.
    Loved latest episode
    jerry being jerry
    fucking Blazen man. Each episode that can throw out a unique cool character, saw this one coming but still funny. 
    post credit sequence was grea
  • Return to form with this one. 

"Which one of these background marines is gonna last the longest?"

Hatorian
  • It's so strange to see the majority of internet discourse about this episode being grossed out by morty and summer's incest baby and complaining about how bad it is (it's gross, but since when was Rick and Morty not outrageous? it's the same show that had Morty shove a megaseed up his 14-year-old ass in the pilot). As if these people didn't watch 8 years of GOT where incest was a main theme. 

Currently it's rated 6.1/10 on imdB. I know the Rick and Morty fanbase is quite toxic and it's stupid to look at stats like this, but wow.

Personally laughed out loud several times in the episode, enjoyed this much more than last week's emotional storytelling attempt
    Hatorian
  • Yeah I don't get the hate for this episode. This show has SO MANY stupid episodes. It's a comedy show. It's ok to just have a dumb fun episode. This was so much better than last week's "serious" episode. 

Also, this episode didn't gross me out at all. 
    Hatorian
  • Just a heads up, episode 7 has leaked and can be found on...certain websites. I've seen it and I think it's really good. I've liked this season so far, including the last episode that has apparently upset a considerable amount of the audience. I will say that after watching the inside episode 4 video, I'm not even sure if the writers of the show like it. It at least seemed like Dan Harmon wasn't too into it, but he also just comes off that way about a lot of things. 
    Hatorian
  • edited July 21
    Small thing, but I was kinda suprised and sad to hear them jumping on the anti-Bezos train in the last episode. The dude talked about expanding humanity's horizons into space 40 years ago in his valedictorian speech, spent a lifetime working his ass off to revolutionize a massive sector of the economy, and now he's using the proceeds to fund innovation that will provide untold benefits for decades.

This will sound harsh, but when people who joke about TV for a living complain that investment in space isn't solving "real problems"... maybe that's the true cringe.
  • edited July 22
    Lol, Bezos is getting rightly and roundly roasted not because he's interested in space and went to space, it's because he dodges taxes like Neo, treats his workers like shit, is massively anti-union, has enough money to fix dozens of world problems and fixes none of them, and uses incredibly shady business practices to crush competition. 

Getting less into space than two governments managed more than 50 years ago doesn't change any of that, nor is it particularly impressive. If he actually cared about research, and not profiting off space tourism or proving what a big brave boy he is, he would have given all that money to NASA. And as an excellent tweet put it, dogs have been to space, fucking chill on patting yourselves on the back billionaires. 

Edit - Also, maybe I missed it, but I don't even remember an anti-Bezos take. 
    Hatorianbizmarkiefader
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    This will sound harsh, but when people who joke about TV for a living complain that investment in space isn't solving "real problems"... maybe that's the true cringe.

If they were positioning themselves as heroes and there were a million articles fawning over them about their latest take on Rick Grimes is going to save the world then there would probably be some justified push back on them too. Someone actually wrote that this will keep kids off the street because they'll be so inspired. This entire project is designed to stroke the egos of people who have so much fucking money that they can indulge whatever fantasies they can come up with. Nobody should have this much wealth while so many people are hurting and nobody has ever done anything to "deserve" it, even if you discount all the insanely shitty things he's done and lives hes stepped over and exploited to get to this point.
    Small thing, but I was kinda suprised and sad to hear them jumping on the anti-Bezos train in the last episode. The dude talked about expanding humanity's horizons into space 40 years ago in his valedictorian speech, spent a lifetime working his ass off to revolutionize a massive sector of the economy, and now he's using the proceeds to fund innovation that will provide untold benefits for decades.

Do you have sources on these forecasts? Cuz all Bezos did was something we did with a dog 60 years ago. What innovation can we get?

“Will billionaires die if they get too far away from their stashes of gold???”
    In my view. Elon is the only one currently breaking new barriers (landing duel rockets) (BFRs) etc while not needing to go up himself (yet) 

I tend to agree with the masses. You have all that money on the backs of others and you can’t share. Then you have the nerve to rub it in the worlds face? Bezos and Kim Kardashian must have the same mentor…
  • Finally another solid A episode. This and Mortyplicity are head and shoulders above the other episodes this season. 
    *waves across from an empty room*
    asmallcat
  • edited July 27
    asmallcat said:
    So I have a Twitter account that I made with a junk email because I needed twitter or facebook to log onto a website at some point and Twitter was more anonymous. I never tweet with it. There was some particularly dumb reply to the Jon Stewart tweet and I replied to it "I hope you get hit by a space chode" and got banned from Twitter lol.  
    BloodyTaco