Invincible (on Prime Video)

bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
I haven't heard much discussion about this so sorry if I missed a thread or something. It's an animated show based off a comic by Kirkman and I wasn't planning on watching it but the cast is so stacked I figured I'd give it a try. It's a superhero show about the kid of their version of Superman who has been late to develop powers and is trying to find himself as a superhero. I was pretty underwhelmed at first but there's a twist to it that makes it feel like more than a Marvel knockoff or an animated version of The Boys.

But mean look at this cast: Sandra Oh, J.K. Simmons, Steven Yeun, Zazie Beetz, Walton Goggins, Gillian Jacobs, Jason Mantzoukas, Zachary Quinto, Seth Rogen, Mark Hamill, Clancy Brown, Nicole Byer, Mahershala Ali, Jon Hamm and a bunch of other people you probably recognize. I guess a lot of people were available during quarantine.

Murderbear

Comments

• I've seen some good buzz about this, going to try to watch a couple episodes this weekend ... thanks for the reminder!
    bizmarkiefader
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Agreed! I went in knowing next to nothing and man oh man the ending to Episode 1 is wild. Obviously leaving it at that for the others.

I do like the animation style. Feels like the awesome DC cartoons. And yeah, the cast is insane! You can definitely see the Robert Kirkman influence as there is a LOT of Walking Dead cast in there.
    bizmarkiefader
  • Binged all three of the initial episodes. Didn’t read the graphic novel but I’m really enjoying it. 

If you like this, you might also enjoy Boom comics’ Irredeemable. 
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    Watched the first episode after the Ringer spoiled it for me.  Blast them.  
  • I read this whole series a few years back. If they manage to continue with this level of faithfulness to the source material this thing is gonna be a banger. Not to mention the levels of violence that it reaches are basically unprecedented (to my meager knowledge) to "television" and superhero media. I honestly really love the comic version of the Walking Dead and this series is neck and neck with it in my view. Strap in...
  • This show is dope AF. So glad there is a thread for this!
  • Watched the first episode after the Ringer spoiled it for me.  Blast them.  

The amount of twists and turns this series will likely take... nothing is spoiled.