MLB 2021

JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
St. Louis Cardinals ROY candidate, Dylan Carlson on pace for 810 HRs, 2,430 RBIs.
MurderbearcdriveCoryGiovanni

Comments

• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    My Redlegs are happy to help! (Sigh)
    JoshuaHeter
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    I looked at the starting rotation of the Cubs and for a second I thought I clicked on their minor league team...jeez. 
    JoshuaHeterGiovanni
  • JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
    Hatorian said:
    I looked at the starting rotation of the Cubs and for a second I thought I clicked on their minor league team...jeez. 

Cardinals fans...

ChinaskiHatoriancdrive
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    edited April 2
    @Michelle should we wait or just go now before we A's hijack this thread?  :)
    HatorianJoshuaHetercdriveMichelle
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Yea Joshua. You should update this thread to 

Oakland A’s 2021....and occasionally a post about another team...Maybe...
    ChinaskiJoshuaHetercdriveMichelle
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Jack Flaherty, our pitcher, drew 2 walks and scored a run.

See you Saturday, Cincinnati!
    JoshuaHeter
  • Let's go Yanks! Baseball is back, yay!
    edited April 3
    Giovanni said:
    Let's go Yanks! Baseball is back, yay!
    It’s been far too long (57 years) since the Yankees and Cardinals (the two most successful franchises is MLB) have met in the World Series. 

Here’s to hoping that changes in 2021.*

*with the Cardinals winning in 6.
    Cory
    edited April 3
    one of my best friends who's from St Louis (shout out toasted raviolis) and my mom are Cardinal fans, so an A's n Card WS has always been on my wish list. came close in 2006 if it weren't for those meddling Tigers! :#
    JoshuaHeter
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Chinaski said:
    @Michelle should we wait or just go now before we A's hijack this thread?  :)
    I dunno...if we keep this up, @cdrive might end up sweeping the thread.

But wait... wait... well would you look at that!   Huh, how did this end up here?

A's hype!  LET'S GO, OAKLAND! :heart:

JoshuaHeterChinaskicdrive
    haha i love it @Michelle! 10K limited Oakland fans are louder than most stadiums that are doing full capacity. plus we're use to 10K fans, just another night at the Coliseum!
    MichelleJoshuaHeter
    Chinaski said:
    one of my best friends who's from St Louis (shout out toasted raviolis) and my mom are Cardinal fans, so an A's n Card WS has always been on my wish list. came close in 2006 if it weren't for those meddling Tigers! :# 
    A very serious question... what is your opinion on St. Louis style pizza? Or, have you not had the “pleasure”?
    edited April 3
    FWIW, should the Cardinals wind up in the WS against a team of someone else in the Bald Move community, I’d be open to some sort of fun bet with that person over the outcome of the series.
    MichelleChinaski
    HR #1 of the season!  Chad Pinder!  LET'S GET LOUD!!! :star:

(k, I might be a lil' bit hyped up :joy:)
    Chinaski
    Chinaski said:
    A very serious question... what is your opinion on St. Louis style pizza? Or, have you not had the “pleasure”?
    that indeed is a very serious question (as i eat pizza haha). sadly i will say that i have not had the pleasure, but it def has my attention. it's the super thin one right, that's hella crispy?
  • Opening day rainout and then shutout by the O's ... Go Sox! Sigh.
    ChinaskiMichelleJoshuaHeter
    Chinaski said:
    Chinaski said:
    that indeed is a very serious question (as i eat pizza haha). sadly i will say that i have not had the pleasure, but it def has my attention. it's the super thin one right, that's hella crispy?
    St. Louis style pizza has 3 distinct features:

1. A thin, crispy crust.
    2. Provel cheese, which is a combination of provolone, cheddar, and Swiss.
    3. And, a sauce with slightly more oregano than usual to give it a distinct flavor.

Admittedly, it’s a unique, (possibly acquired) taste. I’ve had out of town guests who’ve tried it and been like... “Uh, okay... if this is what you call pizza, that’s fine.” But, I’ve also had out of town guests who’ve loved it and wanted to make sure we get it on their second trip in town.
    Chinaski
    Side note, on behalf of MLB fans who actually have a heart:

Trump calls for boycott of MLB for moving All-Star Game (msn.com)
    hisdudeness915
    @JoshuaHeter is it traditionally round or square? regardless, i'd be all over that! now would you dare dip it in ranch?
    edited April 3
    also, when YOU order pizza do you order that or something else?

edit: and by 'that' i mean 'St. Louis style pizza'.
    Michelle said:
    Side note, on behalf of MLB fans who actually have a heart:

Trump calls for boycott of MLB for moving All-Star Game (msn.com)
    he's such a doofus. just go away already you creep!
    Michelle
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    edited April 3
    Chinaski said:
    Chinaski said:
    St. Louis style pizza has 3 distinct features:

1. A thin, crispy crust.
    2. Provel cheese, which is a combination of provolone, cheddar, and Swiss.
    3. And, a sauce with slightly more oregano than usual to give it a distinct flavor.

Admittedly, it’s a unique, (possibly acquired) taste. I’ve had out of town guests who’ve tried it and been like... “Uh, okay... if this is what you call pizza, that’s fine.” But, I’ve also had out of town guests who’ve loved it and wanted to make sure we get it on their second trip in town.
    Mmmmm, out-of-town guests.

EDIT:  Uh... I don't eat pizza.
    @Chinaski

Oh, right... that’s also an important details. It’s cut in squares. There are a couple of places that make St. Louis style exclusively, but one dominates the market: Imo’s (its the square beyond compare). So, you don’t order it special, you just order from Imo’s.
    The Cardinals and Reds had a bench clearing dust up today. It seems as if cooler heads prevailed...

Cory
    the A's looked like shit, like they usually do when the season starts. oh well, on to the Dodgers <gulp!>.
    JoshuaHeter
  • Damn Ohtani smacking the high heat out of the park was pretty.

JoshuaHeter
    yeah that's awesome, first starting pitcher on any team to bat second in a game since 1903 too! so cool!
    JoshuaHeterMrXCory
    good lord! Matt Chapman, going from platinum glover to Roger Dorn. what in the world is wrong with him?!
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Texas Rangers had over 38,000 ppl in the stands?