The Best Sopranos Podcast?

I'm about to start The Sopranos, and I really like podcasts that discuss episodes extensively(like Jim and A Ron did for several other shows), Please recommend one that covers all episodes(w/ more than one host only).

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    edited July 25
    I'd recommend "No Fuckin' Ziti."( https://soundcloud.com/nfzpodcast ) It is two fans who really love the show beyond belief, but are also really pretty funny in their own right. The conversation is casual, and the guys are friends, you can just tell in how they talk. The only thing I'll say is it has been over a year since their last podcast...they have one episode left, covering the series finale. And for some reason, they can't put a bow on this thing. But everything up to is so good. I am considering a rewatch of the series and a relisten of the podcast.

The only other thing I'll mention is, I am not sure how sensitive they are to future spoilers. I really don't recall. So if you are watching the show for the first time, I don't want to recommend it entirely, as they may mention future developments in passing. 

In all honesty, if I had my act to together and more experience, I'd have loved to do a Sopranos podcast, but I'm sure there are 30 others to choose from at this point. 
    baudimovinDJ_150
  • Talking Sopranos is great if you’re looking for an insider cast. It’s hosted by Michael Imperioli and Steve Schirripa and you get a bunch of behind-the-scenes talk as they go through each episode. 
    baudimovinrkcrawf
  • Agree about Talking Sopranos. "Chris" and "Bacala" are not the best podcasters, but the perspective on the episodes and the conversations with the cast and writers are pretty cool. For an episode-by-episode watch of the show, I think it's pretty good. 

Also recommend the book that Sepinwall did on the Sopranos. That's a good episode-by-episode guide that is probably quicker than a podcast.
    baudimovin
    rkcrawf said:
    Agree about Talking Sopranos. "Chris" and "Bacala" are not the best podcasters, but the perspective on the episodes and the conversations with the cast and writers are pretty cool. For an episode-by-episode watch of the show, I think it's pretty good. 

Also recommend the book that Sepinwall did on the Sopranos. That's a good episode-by-episode guide that is probably quicker than a podcast.
    Yeah, The Sopranos Sessions by Alan Sepinwall and Matt Zoller Seitz is excellent. 

I tried Talking Sopranos very briefly, but it wasn't my thing. I get irritated with actors talking at times, but they seem to get some amazing guests. 
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited August 26
    rkcrawf said:
    Agree about Talking Sopranos. "Chris" and "Bacala" are not the best podcasters
    That's a really nice way of saying they are bad at it and borderline unlistenable. That being said, I would love for them to follow a podcast script written by one of the former Sopranos staff writers. Bobby and Chris are both solid actors, but like most actors, they are not very good when left to wing it.
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited August 26
    I’m watching for the first time too. Want to start a podcast? ;)
    Freddy said:
    rkcrawf said:
    Agree about Talking Sopranos. "Chris" and "Bacala" are not the best podcasters
    That's a really nice way of saying they are bad at it and borderline unlistenable. That being said, I would love for them to follow a podcast script written by one of the former Sopranos staff writers. Bobby and Chris are both solid actors, but like most actors, they are not very good when left to wing it.
    Michael Imperioli wrote a handful of episodes....But yeah, I just couldn't deal with listening to them.