Should I continue after S01?

I saw bunch of comments on other social media networks where people did not like the show after the 1st season, and these people also  did not like the 2nd season of Mr. Robot(I loved S2), so should I continue?

Comments

• lengmolengmo RTP, NC
    I felt there was a steep decline in s2 and s3.  There were some good episodes and concepts but if you like the tidy puzzlebox aspect of s1, that is missing, replaced by cool visuals and half-formed ideas.
  • I'm one of the minority that really enjoyed season 2. I think season 2 works much better if you watch it at a pace more than once a week because of how many moving parts and how confusing it is. I'd recommend it but again, I'm in the minority that I really enjoyed the 2nd season. 
  • awookiee said:
    I'm one of the minority that really enjoyed season 2. I think season 2 works much better if you watch it at a pace more than once a week because of how many moving parts and how confusing it is. I'd recommend it but again, I'm in the minority that I really enjoyed the 2nd season. 
    I would agree. Season 2 is definitely messier than 1 or 3, but still had really good moments for me despite the finale not really landing as well as season 1. I think it slightly suffered from the week-to-week speculation that created high expectations for some storyline resolutions. Season 3 I enjoyed throughout, and is less messy because of the 8-episode order.
    awookiee
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    You might as well try it if you liked the first season. The advantage you have now is if you watch enough you decide you're not into it you know you won't be missing some amazing later seasons by bailing.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    If I had the ability to choose again, I'd have just let the show go after Season 1. I was hoping that it was just a sophomore slump in Season 2. But nope, Season 3 was a mess as well. With that said, I've not rewatched Seasons 2 or 3. Watching it at your own pace might make a world of a difference. I prefer my shows to end before they start to seriously decline, and for me, Westworld was a quick and steep decline. 
    baudimovin
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Season 2 has some really good Man in Black moments. So there’s that..
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Hatorian said:
    Totally. There are moments that I absolutely love. That probably didn't help my frustration that they could hit those highs but then such utter lows. 
    Hatorian
    Hatorian said:
    Totally. There are moments that I absolutely love. That probably didn't help my frustration that they could hit those highs but then such utter lows. 
    So yea my advice would be if you liked that character in season 1 then continue on. There’s some Emmy level work from our main man Ed Harris. (Speaking to OP)
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    i enjoyed S1, and was pumped for S2. then S2 came around and I was disappointed which was unfortunate. i quit it after like 2-3 eps.
  • Hatorian said:
    Hatorian said:
    So yea my advice would be if you liked that character in season 1 then continue on. There’s some Emmy level work from our main man Ed Harris. (Speaking to OP)

Maybe an unpopular opinion but, I really like James Simpson rather than Ed Harris. I totally loved the William is MIB "twist". So, how many more episodes is James in?
    edited July 28
    Hatorian said:
    Hatorian said:

Maybe an unpopular opinion but, I really like James Simpson rather than Ed Harris. I totally loved the William is MIB "twist". So, how many more episodes is James in?
    Jimmi rocks but the character development stuff in S2 is with Ed’s version. 

Pretty sure there’s some stuff with Jimmi and his wife and her father too.