Amazon's Clarkson's Farm

The show is about Jeremy Clarkson (English broadcaster) and his farm in England.   The person that used to manage his farm retires, and he decides to run the farm himself.    He has no experience of course, so he makes a lot of poor decisions.   Some I think he knows would make good television so he makes those choices, but other times he is really not in control.   You learn a lot about farming and I found the show very entertaining.  Anyone here watched the show?    It was just renewed for a second season.
Murderbear

Comments

• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I have been a huge Top Gear and now Grand Tour fan so I was pretty excited about it. Jeremy can definitely be a bit of an ape sometimes and I guess that's why we love him. I was genuinely surprised by how much he seems to have learned from the experience. And honestly, I was surprised at how nice and lovey the whole show ended up being. Can't wait to see more!
    asmallcat
  • edited August 26
    I've been pretty down on Grand Tour. It felt like they'd finally recaptured some of the Top Gear magic with the Colombia and Mongolia specials in their last season, and the announcement that they were moving to an "all specials" format made me very hopeful that they'd finally learned what worked best for their show (cheap vehicles and interesting locations), but the specials have all been bad. Seamen was boats, and they didn't do anything interesting with them, the pirate one was just awful (heavily modified modern cars aren't interesting!), and the most recent one was basically a below-average episode from a late top gear season. I've heard good things about Clarkson's farm, though (even from people who, like me, hate Clarkson as a person), so I'll definitely give it a shot. 
    bizmarkiefader
  • What makes the show for me is that Jeremy Clarkson makes a lot of decisions that end up blowing up in his face.   And because I have a sense that he won't be economically affected all that much (since he is getting paid to have a show about running the farm after all) and because I hope he ends up eating a bit piece of humble pie in the end, you don't feel too bad about it.   That being said you do feel for other farmers and the struggle they go thru.   Hope you enjoy it @asmallcat
    asmallcat
  • Yup put me in the list that absolutely loved Top Gear but couldn't get into The Grand Tour like I did Top Gear. I'll probably check this out eventually but it'll be a while before I get around to it. 
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    Grand Tour didn't work for me at all at first but coming back to it after a few years knowing what it is I like it enough to watch it. This show... I dunno, I think Clarkson is entertaining but I only made it halfway through the first episode and haven't gotten around to finishing it.
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I will say that I love James but have never really liked any of his specials he has done. Our Man James in Japan is fantastic though. It's very well done and super entertaining. It's been out for a while but if you haven't watched it for some reason, you really should!
    bizmarkiefader