AHS: Double Feature (spoilers)

Hi there! So first off, the show is technically back on the air right? Anybody here watching the new season? Also, I was wondering if we are going to get Bald Move coverage as with previous seasons. I know this sounds familiar, but the first (and second) episode shows promise! haha.

Also, screaming Sarah Paulson is back and screamier than ever! As for Emmy nominated Evan Peters (I imagine A.Ron never thought he'd see the day), there are no screams to speak of so far. There was instead a fabulous duet with BALENCIAGA queen Frances Conroy.
cdrivetom_gblue_sleeveMichelle

Comments

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited August 26
    I enjoyed the hell out of that.  

-Islands in the stream duet, and just those 2 as a pair vamping about
    -Kevin McAllister
    -Tuberculosis Karen being full tilt feral

It’s been 2 whole years since we got some Ryan Murphy AHS!  Awesome of them to drop a whole 1 hr 42 min on us. I can’t wait to see the alien element get introduced next week. 

blue_sleeveMichelle
  • cdrive said:

-Kevin McAllister

It’s been 2 whole years since we got some Ryan Murphy AHS!  Awesome of them to drop a whole 1 hr 42 min on us. I can’t wait to see the alien element get introduced next week. 

Are aliens going to be introduced next week? Feels like that will be in the second half of the season. "Red Tide" is probably just focused on the blood-sucking creatives storyline.
    Michelle
  • JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    Hate to be a downer, but I don't know how responsible it could be to tell a story about creative elites drinking blood in exchange for fame and power. Might as well call this AHS: QAnon.
    Probably gonna be pretty traumatic for anyone who's fallen down that conspiracy hole. I doubt there is a lot of overlap between AHS fans and that group, but I wouldn't doubt if it shows up in the nutjobs threads being viewed as a confession.
    That said, I'm enjoying the show so far.
  • edited August 27
    After watching the first two episodes, I’m ALL IN on this season. It checks all the boxes for me:
    - Creepy? Check. 
    - Tension-filled? Check. 
    - Mysterious plot? Check.
    - Random musical number? Check. 
    - Sarah Paulson’s grub lip? Double check.

I disagree with JoshTheBlack on the storyline being QAnon-esque. I find the plot verrrry meta; a chuckle from Ryan Murphy depicting artists as depraved, murdering geniuses whose success is completely artificial. 

The first two episodes left me with a lot of questions, but in a good way. I can’t wait to find out more. Like WTF is wrong with TB Karen (lolz for the name btw)? Is she supposed to be playing a person that has Tourette’s syndrome or are her profanity-laced outbursts just part of the character? Who is the creator of The Muse pill? Why does Billie Lorde play the same character in every season? Is it a foregone conclusion that Lily Rabe’s character is going to take The Muse pill and become a pale because she has no talent? Why do I laugh every time Macaulay Culkin is onscreen (I think it’s his crooked face)? 

Overall, I’m pumped for this season even though it’s probably one of those “I’m ready to get hurt again” scenarios, but whatever. That’s the beauty and madness that is American Horror Story. 
    Michelle
    ray_x03 said:
    cdrive said:

-Kevin McAllister

Are aliens going to be introduced next week? Feels like that will be in the second half of the season. "Red Tide" is probably just focused on the blood-sucking creatives storyline.
    Ahhh you’re right. I was just excited to see all the alien stuff on the next on but I see now they’re splitting the season and all that alien stuff happens in Pt 2: Death Valley. Just gotta stay patient! 
    Michelle
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    edited August 27
    The second episode was pretty good and I'm into it now but that first episode almost lost me. I know it's AHS and I'm not expecting HBO prestige drama level plotting but the family being under damn near constant attack that keeps escalating and not leaving even though they're driving distance from home and keep saying they should leave was too much. I could understand not leaving after the first attack and being blown off by the cops, but then your daughter is seeing shit screaming at night should be enough, and having them BREAK INTO YOUR HOUSE and  smash their face in on the kitchen floor should be more than enough to leave your own house for a while much less some random vacation place that they hope will spark their creativity or whatever. When the agent calls and he says he's leaving but leaves out the whole family under constant attack thing and just makes it about his inability to write (what????) and then he abandons his family taking their car (someone attempts to kill them every 12 hours or so, they might need that?) in the middle of packing to go to some other persons house to learn how to cure writers block (?????????) Is part of this going to be that he has a goldfish brain and can't react to anything that happened more than 15 minutes ago? Maybe it's just been too long since I've watched AHS and I forgot it's always like this.

Part of the reason it drives me nuts is because it seems so easy to make it make sense if you just reverse the order and have him get hooked on the creative pills and talking to the other writers first and then escalate the attacks. His agent calls him after say the first time they get chased to the door but nothing too bad happens and they're thinking they don't like the place, he gets upset and doubts himself, gets the pills, the attacks get worse but now he's too obsessed to leave and the rest of it is exactly the same. Like you barely have to even reorder the scenes for this to make sense.
    I did like that American Horror Stories show they did right before this. The episodes are way up and down but the level of shlock they like to wade in works for 45ish minute stories better than 10-13 episode stories.
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited August 27
    For anyone here who is also on the Discord, there are threads there as well for each episode.

Also, @marleygirl84, you might want to rename your thread title here to indicate spoilers. :)
    cdrive said:
    Ahhh you’re right. I was just excited to see all the alien stuff on the next on but I see now they’re splitting the season and all that alien stuff happens in Pt 2: Death Valley. Just gotta stay patient! 
    You know what’s kinda close to Death Valley?  Area 51!

Michelle said:
    For anyone here who is also on the Discord, there are threads there as well for each episode.

Also, @marleygirl84, you might want to rename your thread title here to indicate spoilers. :)
    Where? I don’t see it.  Is it in the fancy patreon section cause I don’t have that area. :(
    cdrive said: go
    Michelle said:

Where? I don’t see it.  Is it in the fancy patreon section cause I don’t have that area. :(
    On the tv channel.  You might need to scroll a little bit through the recent discussion to find the thread links, but they’re there.
    Michelle said:
    cdrive said: go
    Michelle said:

On the tv channel.  You might need to scroll a little bit through the recent discussion to find the thread links, but they’re there.
    Hmm I’m still on the struggle bus 

here? 

I believe she's talking about the channel #tv at the top of your screenshot under #badasses
    Michelle
    I believe she's talking about the channel #tv at the top of your screenshot under #badasses
    Got it! Thanks!
  • JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    It's actually in the #tv-spoilers channel. 
    Michelle
  • edited August 29
    Is it confirmed that Bald Move isn’t covering this season of AHS?
    Michelle
    ej987 said:
    Yes, confirmed.
  • Michelle said:
    ej987 said:
    Yes, confirmed.
    Damn. What a shame. 
  • Yeah this is the first time I’m watching live and i was really excited to listen to the podcast (I got back into the show this summer and then caught up on previous podcasts). Maybe ARon will cover it in Off the Clock? Is there any Patreons who can suggest a vote? 
  • Also, next week we get Drag, and it looks like a flashback. Oh Ryan Murphy and his flashbacks. 
  • AHS continues the tradition of flashbacks that are like 90% things we already knew, don't matter, or could have inferred pretty easily with like one or two lines of dialogue. This season has been very entertaining though. I'm not sure what's going on with the "town used to be a haven for gay sex for rich people" subplot but it's a very funny explanation for why they all have fancy coats even if it didn't need an explanation because those characters were rich when we met them. The shoulder pads on that one dudes jacket reminded me of the Chapelle's show Rick James and Prince sketches.
    That poor, talentless, Buddhist vegan. Haha.

I’m having fun.  

Spoiler below:

This is like the 3rd time, maybe more, that we have a scientist with horrible ethics. The 2nd time for Angelica Ross. Ryan Murphy really likes his mad scientists / doctors. 
  • Is the cop in on this whole vampire business? I can never remember if I just missed or forgot about a scene with the way the show twists sometimes but it feels like she genuinely doesn't know what's going on. Could just be AHS nonsense but it's surprising given all the dead people over the years not to mention the zombie vampires walking around attacking anyone who leaves their house even during the day.