The Expanse S6 Teaser

Surprisingly, I haven’t seen anyone mention this!

Also, with a bit of shitty news. Season 6 is only going to be 6-episodes. I’m not sure the reason behind it, maybe Covid?

Book 6 is not a short book by any means. Am I the only one that is feeling GOT vibes with a shortened season? 

Comments

• Apparently they wanted to make the season really tight.   The last episode is over an hour long and apparently feels like a movie.   I'm excited yet sad about it coming to an end.
    blue_sleeve
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    edited October 13
    aki said:
    The last episode is over an hour long and apparently feels like a movie.

OK now it's definitely GoT vibes lol
    blue_sleeve
  • I have more confidence in the Expanse team to tell a good story in six episodes than the GoT Double D's, yet I'm also deeply disappointed that six episodes of roughly a normal length is all we'll get.  The Expanse team may be able to tell a good story in only six, but there is so much room for more and I hate to say goodbye to these characters and the actors playing them. 
    blue_sleeve
  • mharmless said:
    I have more confidence in the Expanse team to tell a good story in six episodes than the GoT Double D's, yet I'm also deeply disappointed that six episodes of roughly a normal length is all we'll get.  The Expanse team may be able to tell a good story in only six, but there is so much room for more and I hate to say goodbye to these characters and the actors playing them. 
    Yeah, I agree. I keep hoping another streamer picks it up. But now that I’m seeing the final season is only 6, that might just wishful thinking.
  • There was some discussion on the discord. With the 6 episodes, I think they can wrap up book 6, if you think about how much of book 6 was in season 5. They are also going to adapt the Strange Dogs novella, which is a perplexing choice to me if they choose to not ever adapt books 7-9. The danger here is not necessarily on GOT levels, but it can definitely leave show-only watchers very dissatisfied with the protomolecule plot.
    blue_sleeve