The Expanse S6 Trailer

Surprisingly, I haven’t seen anyone mention this!

Also, with a bit of shitty news. Season 6 is only going to be 6-episodes. I’m not sure the reason behind it, maybe Covid?

Book 6 is not a short book by any means. Am I the only one that is feeling GOT vibes with a shortened season? 

Comments

• Apparently they wanted to make the season really tight.   The last episode is over an hour long and apparently feels like a movie.   I'm excited yet sad about it coming to an end.
    blue_sleeve
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    edited October 13
    aki said:
    The last episode is over an hour long and apparently feels like a movie.

OK now it's definitely GoT vibes lol
    blue_sleeve
  • I have more confidence in the Expanse team to tell a good story in six episodes than the GoT Double D's, yet I'm also deeply disappointed that six episodes of roughly a normal length is all we'll get.  The Expanse team may be able to tell a good story in only six, but there is so much room for more and I hate to say goodbye to these characters and the actors playing them. 
    blue_sleeve
  • mharmless said:
    I have more confidence in the Expanse team to tell a good story in six episodes than the GoT Double D's, yet I'm also deeply disappointed that six episodes of roughly a normal length is all we'll get.  The Expanse team may be able to tell a good story in only six, but there is so much room for more and I hate to say goodbye to these characters and the actors playing them. 
    Yeah, I agree. I keep hoping another streamer picks it up. But now that I’m seeing the final season is only 6, that might just wishful thinking.
  • There was some discussion on the discord. With the 6 episodes, I think they can wrap up book 6, if you think about how much of book 6 was in season 5. They are also going to adapt the Strange Dogs novella, which is a perplexing choice to me if they choose to not ever adapt books 7-9. The danger here is not necessarily on GOT levels, but it can definitely leave show-only watchers very dissatisfied with the protomolecule plot.
    blue_sleeve
    Are we pretty much done with the protomolecule/ancient civilization stuff? Last season I was waiting for it to come up again and be the main plot but it doesn't seem like it's a focus anymore last season or in that trailer.
  • Are we pretty much done with the protomolecule/ancient civilization stuff? Last season I was waiting for it to come up again and be the main plot but it doesn't seem like it's a focus anymore last season or in that trailer.
    There will be some, but I don't think you should expect the show to resolve that storyline by the end of the season. 
    bizmarkiefader
    ray_x03 said:
    Are we pretty much done with the protomolecule/ancient civilization stuff? Last season I was waiting for it to come up again and be the main plot but it doesn't seem like it's a focus anymore last season or in that trailer.
    There will be some, but I don't think you should expect the show to resolve that storyline by the end of the season. 

That's kind of a bummer, if they weren't going to finish it I almost wish they had changed season 4 and maybe fleshed out some of the other parts that are more relevant.
  • ray_x03 said:

That's kind of a bummer, if they weren't going to finish it I almost wish they had changed season 4 and maybe fleshed out some of the other parts that are more relevant.
    This is what makes the whole 'final season' deal so strange to book readers. Why introduce the plot elements in season 5 and 6 if books 7-9 will never be adapted? Clearly they're leaving it as a possibility but I guess show-only folks will just have to go pick up those books if they want answers (unless they announce something before the seasons ends)
    bizmarkiefader