DEMO: Discourse forum software

A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
edited November 15 in General
Hey everybody, Jim and I are considering Discourse as a forum replacement software. You can see an interactive demo here:

You should be able to create an account, login, and do some posting and see if you like it. Or just check out the look and feel. What do you guys think? Would this be viable complement to our growing Discord community / home for the Discord holdouts? :D

Comments

• Gets a thumbs up from me. I’ve never really got to where I’m comfortable with Discord, despite a good few attempts. 

Forums feel like home - probably cos I’m sailing deep into my 40s!
  • It's probably the closest thing to what we're all used to...but we're also all old curmudgeons who grew up with message boards and will die on that hill ha!
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    It's probably the closest thing to what we're all used to...but we're also all old curmudgeons who grew up with message boards and will die on that hill ha!
    Yes we are curmudgeons but these discourses and discords look like Pong throwbacks. Is this what is meant by Back to the Future????
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    I like it, it has a place to write text and then a place that it shows up when you hit submit. All I really need.
    CretanBull
  • I think Discourse is a solid upgrade from Vanilla, even before taking in to account all the forum issues.  
    CretanBull
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Yeah… sometimes yester-tech modernized is better tech. I like it. one of The Olds has spoken. 
    CretanBull
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Alright, well next step is getting a trial going. Me and Jim are now working on that!
    DeeTeresa from ConcordMichelle
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    @A_Ron_Hubbard - will you still have the Katie Holmes with sunglasses profile pic?
    Teresa from Concord
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Chinaski said:
    @A_Ron_Hubbard - will you still have the Katie Holmes with sunglasses profile pic?
    Katie Holmes? lol