Leviathan Falls — Book Club (SPOILERS)

This thread will assume that you have read all 8 books of The Expanse!! Those spoilers will not be tagged here.

With the final book of The Expanse coming out on Nov. 30, there are plans for a book club on the BM discord. Since not everyone has adopted the Discord server, I thought we should also have a thread on the forums for discussion of this final book.

While we'll have 4 threads on Discord, judging from previous book discussion threads on the forum one on here should be enough. Please remember to tag all spoilers for Book 9 (preferably with a note on up to which chapter it spoils)!
MrX

Comments

• Share your predictions!
    https://forms.gle/JroNk3vsbzgGvse49 
    You can change your response before Nov. 30. I'll try to compile a graphic of some kind for the death pool at the end. In addition to that I threw in some questions about the larger plot. Feel free to ignore if you don't have any thoughts on what might happen. We're only a week away!!
  • I’ve read the most recent books and really enjoyed them , from the latest trailer it looks like they’ll be covering Duarte and his daughter storyline 
  • I’ve read the most recent books and really enjoyed them , from the latest trailer it looks like they’ll be covering Duarte and his daughter storyline 
    The girl seen in the trailer is most likely Cara from Strange Dogs (I don't know if you've read it). I doubt they will introduce Duarte this season, and bringing in Teresa would mean they jump 30 years within the season.
  • Just finished it. Fuck. Yes. A+
    FlashGordon
  • ray_x03 said:
    I’ve read the most recent books and really enjoyed them , from the latest trailer it looks like they’ll be covering Duarte and his daughter storyline 
    The girl seen in the trailer is most likely Cara from Strange Dogs (I don't know if you've read it). I doubt they will introduce Duarte this season, and bringing in Teresa would mean they jump 30 years within the season.

I’ve not read strange dogs but yeh my mistake , definitely Cara and her brother xan.
  • just finished leviathan falls is this a spoiler thread I don’t want to ruin it for anyone else … and I don’t use discord 

• just finished leviathan falls is this a spoiler thread I don’t want to ruin it for anyone else … and I don’t use discord 

Feel free to discuss spoilers. It's been a few weeks since the book came out
    FlashGordon
  • Cool I’ll keep it vague just in case,  but loved the book , very satisfying end and was so happy to see the special guest appearance of an old favourite in the last couple of chapters 

thought the ending brought everything full circle with a great emotive and action packed finale , they know how to write multiple perspective , tension packed action set pieces so god dam well

one small critique I think they did a few too many fake-out deaths with one character but no serious damage  
    Marci
  • Just finished it last night. Agree that it was very satisfying. I didn’t really guess where it was going exactly, but it felt totally right. I definitely want to reread the whole series again soon.