Hawkeye

Started off weak, but second episode was better, and the third episode is a winner.  The car chase/fight is one of the most enjoyable scenes in the entire MCU.

Comments

• Great show, definitely the strongest start of the 3 marvel shows so far. I think it's because they're introducing a NEW lead character, for once. Hailee Steinfeld is killing it, and the show has a monster cast as well.
    lengmoweeniegirl
  • The comic run that this show takes a lot of inspiration from is one of my all-time favorites, and so far this show is bringing it to life in fantastic fashion. After 3 episodes this is my favorite MCU TV series to date.
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    After the first episode I had to wonder “This show is called Hawkeye right?” because I didn’t get a lot of him. But understanding the need for backstory I hoped the next episodes would be better. And they are! Really liking the show and all the callbacks (Pim!) and mysterious characters. Great cast. And Renner playing it just right. 

Now…can you say uncle?
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    I'm enjoying it as well, really liking Kate Bishop.

• Episode 4 is another winner.  Honestly I'm liking this show better than the comics it's loosely based upon.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I'm liking it much more than I anticipated. It's a hell of a lot of fun. 
    lengmo
  • Jeremy Renner is acting his ass off in this show, too. 
    lengmo
  • Quite the setup for the final episode of Hawkeye... Not sure how they will fit some resolution to the NY situation and a satisfying "home by Christmas" segment.

Now what I really want is a "What Yelena does when she's not being a Black Widow" show, except that would just be a bigger budget version of Killing Eve.
  • lengmo said:
    Quite the setup for the final episode of Hawkeye... Not sure how they will fit some resolution to the NY situation and a satisfying "home by Christmas" segment.

Now what I really want is a "What Yelena does when she's not being a Black Widow" show, except that would just be a bigger budget version of Killing Eve.

I loved how much hot sauce she put on the mac n cheese. She is really living her best life. 
    lengmo
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Vinny D confirmed.

Will I see Charlie Cox in No Way Home tomorrow?
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Not able to see Spidey until Monday. I’ll have to hide in a closet and go radio silent all weekend. 
    Not able to see Spidey until Monday. I’ll have to hide in a closet and go radio silent all weekend. 
    Yeah, no kidding. I was on Youtube and had easily five videos suggested for me with spoilers in the title.  I wasn't even searching for anything Spider-Man related. 
  • Episode 6 worked well for me. 

I'm in the minority who never found Kingpin in Daredevil anything more than a joke.  Here he wasn't great but at least not laughable.

• Damn they beasted the hell out of Fisk for this show. Kate emptied an entire quiver of various arrows at this dude and he just kept throwing her around like a rag doll.
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Damn they beasted the hell out of Fisk for this show. Kate emptied an entire quiver of various arrows at this dude and he just kept throwing her around like a rag doll.

That was after he got hit by a car, too. That's pretty OP even for his comic version.

And he probably survived a gunshot at the end. He's definitely not dead, just a matter if he actually got shot or not, but I suspect he's the villain in the upcoming Echo series.
    lengmo said:
    Episode 6 worked well for me. 

I'm in the minority who never found Kingpin in Daredevil anything more than a joke.  Here he wasn't great but at least not laughable.

See, I found him more laughable in this. Probably because it leans harder into his comic persona. But it was just kind of ridiculous. He had all of the burly, but lacked any pathos, which is what made him interesting in Daredevil.