What Other Podcasts Do You Listen To?

Comments

• emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA
    edited June 2017
    Other then the bald move podcasts I listen to

The Nosleep podcast *
    BBC "In our Time" history podcast
    Dave Ramsey (financial advice)
    The retirement and IRA show (even though I'm only 24)
    Lore

And I also listen to a weekly gun podcast called SlamFire Radio which is a Canadian podcast about shooting sports.

I will also podcast Dori Monson (a moderately conservative local radio host in Seattle) if I miss the actual show but since I get up at noon to go to work which is when the show starts I just turn on my stereo instead of podcast it most the time

* if you start listening to nosleep just start with season six, I tried going back to season 5 but until season six it seems it wasn't that great. I also have never purchased the paid stories or a "season pass" so I've only heard the free content, although I purchased the pass for season 9 this afternoon

Nosleep is great because I found it whilst driving home from the beach one night, anyone who's ever driven along the WA Coast can tell you it's pretty remote and lightly populated, late at night on US 101 during a rain storm makes for a creepy time listening to horror podcasts .....
    OldGriswold
  • Seslor said:

Any Tell 'Em Steve Dave ants also part of the Bald Move community? Fantastic podcast with some friends of Kevin Smith, including Brian "Q" Quinn from Impractical Jokers.

A half a year late in responding, but I listen to TESD.  A close friend of mine manages a band called Courage My Love and they got their first big break in America through TESD.  Walt wrote lyrics to the song and asked musician listeners to write and record a song.  Courage My Love submitted their version and it really took off...my friend was interviewed on an episode of TESD and then later by KS on an episode of his Smorning Show.  When they play shows in America, they still get ants coming out to see them!
  • Me too @voodoorat. Which campaign are you up to? I'm about halfway through "The Eleventh Hour". It took a while for the show to click with me, but now I love it.
    voodoorat
  • @DaveyMac i'm only up to the crystal kingdom--but i only started listening to it about a week ago (and my old 90 minutes commute is now only about 5 minutes so i don't much road podcast time in, mostly listen while running and sitting around the house).
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Damn @voodoorat you're making fast progress! It took me a few months to get to Crystal Kingdom. Part of that was it being a slow grower for me and also a backlog of other podcasts. I imagine you'll be all caught up well before me. I'm getting through about 3-4 a week now.
  • Ringer podcast just dropped "Binge Mode" which is a 60 part GOT podcast. Definitely not on par with our beloved Jim and Aaron but if you're fixing for some fresh GOT coverage from start to finish it's there.
    Travis

• I started listening to Invisibilia too- Hanna Rosen is one of the hosts of one of my other fave podcasts, Double X (by Slate) and so I followed her here. I almost got too absorbed in season 3 ep 1 while I was at work the other day though haha.
    Yeah, the first Emotions episode was really, really interesting. Perfect timing too. I've just kind of started this journey of trying to understand/reframe my relationship with certain emotions and that whole scenario (crazy stuff to think about and attempt to understand both sides) and particularly their interview with the emotions expert (she was a professor, right?) was pretty fascinating. I can't wait for the next batch. They're killing it this year. The bear one is still my favorite though. What a cool story.

@Hatorian I'm glad it gets your nod of approval. I just listened to a Simmons ad for it this morning and was thinking that I should check it out.
    DaveyMac
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Hatorian said:

Ringer podcast just dropped "Binge Mode" which is a 60 part GOT podcast. Definitely not on par with our beloved Jim and Aaron but if you're fixing for some fresh GOT coverage from start to finish it's there.

My first thought was "This isn't nearly as good as @jim and @A_Ron_Hubbard would do" but they are definitely drinking their milkshake by releasing 10 new eps every week. 
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited June 2017
    @akritenbrink I thought she was interesting, but it should be noted that I hadn't ever really put a ton of thought to emotions on a larger scale than just wondering how to "better know myself." It's very possible that if I were more studied in that area I would have a different opinion, but to call me a layman would be an insult to armchair psychologists everywhere. Though my wife does say that I missed my calling and I'm probably a fantastic shrink in a parallel universe (just a little, self-indulgent side note).
  • jomihajomiha Springfield IL
    A couple of great ones I haven't seened mentioned (granted, I didn't wade through the entire thread) are Our Fake History and Podcast of Doom. 
  • I've only caught the Invisibilia Emotion episodes and will catch up to the other episodes of this season later this week. I really enjoy that show though.

On a different podcast note, this morning I heard a really interesting conversation on Joe Rogen Experience with Megan Phelps-Roper formerly of the Westboro Babtist church and they talk a lot about her experience growing up in the church and then how she left. But it's a lot more than just that. I'd recommend it for people who like hearing A.Ron and Jim talk about their experiences with being Jehovah's Witness. I don't typically enjoy Joe Rogan all that much but I keep my eye out for when he has interesting guests.
  • NickFFXNickFFX Louisville, KY

JRE- Depending on the guest

Waking Up with Sam Harris- regardless of the guest

Rubin Report- Depending on the guest

You Made it Weird with Pete Holmes

The Nerdist- Depending on guest

Dan Carlin

I have a job that allows me to listen to podcasts while I do it. Podcasts have saved me from years of boredom.

Thanks, Guys!

• Doughboys: Hilarious fast food podcast

There and Back Again: Lord of the Rings podcast.

Four Finger Discount: Australian podcast on The Simpsons.

The Adventure Zone: D&D podcast
  • Started listening to the Glass Cannon Pathfinder campaign podcast. Pretty entertaining if you're into listening to table top RPGs.

• Hello From The Magic Tavern

Start from the beginning.  :)
  • Reviving an old thread to recommend a relatively new podcast that some Bald Movers may enjoy. 
    It's called Switchblade Sisters and it's on the Maximum Fun network. Each episode film critic April Wolfe sits down with a female filmmaker and they discuss a favorite genre flick from a female perspective. It's really refreshing and every episode has been great. 
    So far there's only four episodes:
    Emily Gordon discussing Bone Tomahawak
    Karyn Kusama discussing Near Dark
    Heather Matarazzo discussing The Invitation
    Issa Lopez discussing Pan's Labyrinth
    DeeunreadTravisCretanBull
  • unreadunread Australia
    Has anyone listened to Done Disappeared? It's a spoof true crime podcast hosted by John David Booter, and it's amazing. If you've ever been annoyed at a crime podcast for literally anything, this might be relevant to your interests. John David Booter investigates the mystery of a missing woman named Clara Pockets and a run-over birthday cake. It's by John David Booter. You won't................................................................................be disappointed.

Don't forget to buy your big box of shit from Blue Apron using the promo code JohnDavidBooter for 100% off!
  • Other then the bald move podcasts I listen to The Nosleep podcast * BBC "In our Time" history podcast
    The In our Time is one of my favourites. Can never decide if I love or hate Melvyn Bragg though haha
  • DaveyMac said:
    Reviving an old thread to recommend a relatively new podcast that some Bald Movers may enjoy. 
    It's called Switchblade Sisters and it's on the Maximum Fun network. Each episode film critic April Wolfe sits down with a female filmmaker and they discuss a favorite genre flick from a female perspective. It's really refreshing and every episode has been great. 
    So far there's only four episodes:
    Emily Gordon discussing Bone Tomahawak
    Karyn Kusama discussing Near Dark
    Heather Matarazzo discussing The Invitation
    Issa Lopez discussing Pan's Labyrinth
    I will definitely give this one a listen (and the rest too if I like the first one!).  'Bone Tomahawk' isn't the type of movie that I usually like, but I really liked that movie.
    DaveyMac
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited December 2017
    This sounds up my alley after my obsessive Season 1 of Serial Reddit analysis.

unread said:
    Has anyone listened to Done Disappeared? It's a spoof true crime podcast hosted by John David Booter, and it's amazing. If you've ever been annoyed at a crime podcast for literally anything, this might be relevant to your interests. John David Booter investigates the mystery of a missing woman named Clara Pockets and a run-over birthday cake. It's by John David Booter. You won't................................................................................be disappointed.

Don't forget to buy your big box of shit from Blue Apron using the promo code JohnDavidBooter for 100% off!

unread
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    My favorite 2017 new-to-me podcast is No Such Thing As A Fish, hosted by the researchers of QI (Quite Interesting) a British quiz show. Each host introduces their favorite (arcane) fact, and the other hosts expand on that fact, and they're extremely funny and entertaining, and it's educational. 

The most recent episode is "No Such Thing As A Hummingbird With a Greggs Steak Bake." I have no idea what that means, and aren't you curious?
  • I don't listen to many podcasts in English except BM of course.

But Podcast Winterfell has very good coverage of GoT, IMO. They also have other podcasts about TV, in their "DVR Podcast network". They have several hosts. But my 2 favorites are definitely Axel and Timm, who are also present in most of the work they do. 

Sorry if someone mentioned this before, I didn't read the whole thread...  :) 
  • My favorite 2017 new-to-me podcast is No Such Thing As A Fish, hosted by the researchers of QI (Quite Interesting) a British quiz show. Each host introduces their favorite (arcane) fact, and the other hosts expand on that fact, and they're extremely funny and entertaining, and it's educational. 

The most recent episode is "No Such Thing As A Hummingbird With a Greggs Steak Bake." I have no idea what that means, and aren't you curious?
    Haha a Greggs Steak bake is a pastie, pretty good too, though their beans and sausage as well as the chicken and stuffing one are both banging too
  • Daves of Thunder is back!!!
  • Found a couple of good ones recently. I imagine Bag Man is well covered in these parts, but for what it's worth I totally loved it! Man, that was some crazy shit!

HBR Presents: After Hours - HBR stands for Harvard Business Review and the podcast is three really smart/interesting professors talking about finance and politics mostly. Interesting takes on things from people who certainly know what they're talking about.

The Rewatchables is well worn, but they've been on a really nice run lately. Today they had Simmons, Chris Ryan, and Chuck Klosterman talking about Reality Bites and I think it was my favorite one to date. Really fun topic for those guys in particular to shoot the shit on.

Meeting Malkmus - So, this one is pretty perfectly catered to me, but casts a pretty narrow net for appeal. Basically this dude is going through Pavement's entire catalog, one song per episode and giving some background on the song and just kind of chatting about it. He got Scott Kannberg for a recent one. His ultimate goal is to meet Steve Malkmus (thus the name). Anyhoo, he does a good job and the casts are pretty "bite sized" at ~15 minutes a pop.

Finally, it finished a while back, but I don't think I ever saw people on here talking about it. Shea Serrano's Villains was a really fun one. He just comes at things in a fun way and the podcast is really enjoyable.
  • I’m doing a rewatch of Mr Robot (Love it even more) and I needed a more positive season 2 review.  I kinda get the guys unhappiness with season 2 but sometimes it became such a bummer for me and so disagreeable, which is fine.  So, I checked out the “Coffee Klatch Crew” and so far I’m enjoying there take on the show. Plus they approach the episodic breakdowns in a different way.