What Other Podcasts Do You Listen To?

Comments

• Yeah, man. It's just one of those automatics in life. If you see Bill Simmons with Malcolm Gladwell you just know it's going to be a super interesting way to spend an hour and a half. It's so good to have him back in circulation. I really enjoy sports talk, but even the best of the best of day to day sports radio stuff just pales in comparison to when you have two dudes with minds like theirs shooting the shit. I loved it.

• @Travis I'll definitely have to check the Gladwell podcast out, I'm seeing a talk with him in a couple months and he sounds like a super insightful guy.
    Travis
  • LukeLuke Central Illinois
    I found a new one that may or may not have been mentioned in this thread. The Now Playing movie podcast does great movie retrospectives.
  • @bizmarkiefader that sounds awesome. I'd love to see something like that. You're right. He's a really interesting guy.
  • I recently discovered Love + Radio, and I think it's great.

I Was There Too is sometimes funny and informative, sometimes pathetic and sad, depending on the tertiary actor being interviewed. It's really a coin toss.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    My Brother, My Brother, and Me is really funny.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Jesse and Eric from Personal Arrogants love MBMB&M, but I've tried, numerous times, to get into it, and I just... don't get into it.  What am I missing?  Is there a particular episode number I should start with?
    They have some Best Of episodes. Maybe give those a whirl. It gets a bit TOO silly at times for me, so it can be bit much when it goes off the rails. This is one of my favorite bits.

• @A_Ron_Hubbard. Those same guys do The Adventure Zone, which is a really funny D&D podcast. It might be more up your alley.
    I only listened to the "trial" episode of The Adventure Zone. It was really fun though.
  • I just realized that Bill Simmons' new podcast empire is called the "Bill Simmons Podcast Network" aka BSPN. That's some master-class level trolling right there. Well done, Simmons.
    TravisA_Ron_Hubbard
  • Have enjoyed a few of 'Mystery Show', especially the Welcome Back Kotter lunch box.
  • I've started listening to Fargo talks Fargo just because I can NOT get enough Fargo and the hosts are pretty obsessive about dissecting every tiny detail.
    They are sponsored by a Fargo based brewery (at least I think it's Fargo based) and I'm dying to try their IPA (even though normally I'm not an IPA fan - the power of advertising)
  • Beyond the Bald Move podcasts my 5 favorite podcasts are 
    Dan Carlin - Both Hardcore History and Common Sense
    The Baller Lifestyle
    The British History Podcast
    Revolutions
    Sword and Scale
  • RJRJ Chicago, IL
    Everything Bald Move does other then OitNB Cast.
    A lot on the FrogPants Network.
    HardCore History
    Jay Mohr (sometimes depending on guests) & Adam Carolla podcast Ace on the Roof (Sometimes)
    ...amongst others.

Jim & A.Ron are two guys I look up to and admire a great deal. I've listened to them for so long now.  Dare I say, a couple of my heroes?, for sure. I came on board for season 2 of TWD and haven't looked back.  They pretty much gave me the courage to try to do my own podcast now and have found some success with it.  I feel A.Ron & I share the same sensibilities with humor, sarcasm, and thoughtful insight.  I need to start collecting money and a campaign to have them cover Six Feet Under.  One of my all time favorites.

Even though my podcast is in direct competition with their TWD podcast.  Do know, it is because of them I took the leap and I thank you gentlemen for it!

If the boys want to check it out, and of course others, head over to Itunes and search for Fear What ?!?!
  • I listen to Doctor of the Dead over at G2V. I have to get my Z Nation, IZombie and Ash vs the Evil Dead fix.
    http://g2vpodcast.com/
  • jluzania said:

My playlist is full of podcasts.  Outside of a number of Bald Move productions, I listen Finally, perhaps risking some bad vibes here, I listen to the audio of the Rachel Maddow Show once it's posted.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I did listen to Serial's first season.
    I listen to Fox News Sunday, Meet the Press, This Week with George S., State of the Union, Reliable Sources, and Face the Nation on Monday. Every day, I listen to Morning Joe. That's not counting all the TV show podcasts I listen to. So, no bad vibes for Rachel.

• The not news podcasts I listen to are, not counting Bald Move, because that's a given.

My favoritest favorite, is Sistah Speak. They're just funny and the listener feedback is hilarious.

Rob has a podcast, covers my favorite reality shows.

Afterbuzz, walking dead enthusiasts, walking dead girl, and podcast fandom are my other faves.
  • Don't I know it. At least the Aztek had that sweet ass camping package.  

Is that anything like a sweet ass biscuit? LOL
  • Has anyone tuned into The Message? It's been massively promoted on a bunch of podcasts I listen to and I was thinking of checking it out when I get a chance. Apparently it's kind of similar in theme to Orson Welles' War of the Worlds radio broadcast, but set in the modern day.
  • Some of my favorites:

Security Now
    Oh No Ross and Carrie
    DLC
    Undisclosed (3 Lawyers take on the Adnan Syed case)
    Bonefireside Chat (Dark Souls and Bloodborne podcast)
    Common Sense (Dan Carlin)
    Half Hour Happy Hour with Alison and Alex
    Pointless: With Kevin Pereira
    RISK!
    Skeptics Guide to the Universe
    We Have Concerns.
    DaveyMac
  • I'm a big fan of Skeptics Guide and Common Sense.
    tom_g
    tom_g said:

Have enjoyed a few of 'Mystery Show', especially the Welcome Back Kotter lunch box.

That was a good one. I also like the Jake Gyllenhaal height episode.
  • edited November 2015
    @DaveyMac I just listened to the entire season of The Message yesterday. Super short episodes, some of them not even 10 minutes. I loved the premise of it and the first few episodes, but after a while I found it ridiculous. I would have preferred actual decoding/cypher stuff, not what it eventually turned out to be.
    DaveyMac
  • @Reni I actually just started it this week and made it through a few episodes. I agree with you that the premise is great. How she gets into the room with the decoders is a little forced, but I love the podcast angle.

I also love that it's short, so I will finish it, even if it starts to lose me; as you said it gets ridiculous by the end. The whole curse angle has kind of dampened the experience so far. I'm with you about getting a lot more decoding/cypher stuff. There's so much interesting potential on that front that seems to be overshadowed by some less interesting dramatic devices.
  • @DaveyMac From what I understand, GE is developing a similar technology to the one used in the podcast, so the whole thing is sort of an elaborate promotion. Probably the reason why it was featured on so many other shows as well.
    The curse angle is bad, but there are things more ridiculous to come, lol.

I'll try to look around and see if there are any actual decoding/cypher themed podcasts, but I don't know if they can effectively produce something like that without visuals.
    DaveyMac
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited November 2015
    I've only seen a couple of people mention WTF with Marc Maron. I subscribed to him a while back because I feel he has a great list of guests, but I find it difficult to make it through the first 20+ minutes of him going on and on about stuff I'm not interested in...just bring the guest on already!

I'm subscribed to Afterbuzz's AHS Hotel cast, but it's a bit annoying. I feel like the male host sort of diminishes the female cohost's opinions or insights if he doesn't agree with them (sort of like "ok well, you're wrong but that's ok. Anyway...").

I haven't listened to Nerdist nearly as much as I had in the past. I think part of my enjoyment of that cast is Matt and Jonah, and they're rarely both cohosting on the same day. I still give it a listen, though, if I'm intrigued by the guest.

Speaking of Matt Mira, I do like the Frasier podcast he does with Kevin Smith. Always good for a laugh.

I do listen to Carry On: The Sex and the City podcast. Don't hate. It's the girlie girl in me.

I actually used to listen to Jason & Karen's Walking Dead cast, but I found Bald Move one day while I was searching for other TWD casts, and, well, the rest is history. :)
  • DrewDrew indianapolis
    Anybody here a fan of Tell Em Steve Dave? By far my favorite podcast, and this years Christmas special dropped just a couple days ago.
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited November 2015
    Now that Fallout 4 is out I listen to the Fallout Feed from ASAP Podcasting. I use there Facebook page a lot. They have a simple podcasting style. I have been listing to them for years now,from back when I was hardcore into Skyrim. Hell, I'm still hardcore into Skyrim.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Has anyone mentioned Harmontown?  As I mentioned, I'm kind of obsessed with all things Dan Harmon right now, but this podcast is a real life soap opera.  It's funny and entertaining in it's own right, but you're also seeing a kind of slow motion self destruction of several human beings.  I've never heard anything like it.