Severance Discussion Thread

Guys guys guys, it's been a while since i've been back here, but i just watched the Apple Tv Show Severance and was totally shocked to not see Bald Move coverage. There's not even a thread on the forum for it!! 

This show seems right up the guys alley with the sci-fi elements, 80s aesthetic, and psychological mind-bending plot. If anything, it would be cool to discuss the show with y'all seeing as i've read everything on reddit in one night hahaha!

So, who's watched it, who loved it, and what are we speculating for season 2?

Comments

• bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    They covered it on OTC and I believe are planning to fully cover season 2  http://baldmove.com/tag/severance/

The show is great though, might be my favorite so far this year.

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    They covered it on OTC and I believe are planning to fully cover season 2  http://baldmove.com/tag/severance/

The show is great though, might be my favorite so far this year.

Same. Its the best new show I've seen in quite a while. It has such a haunting, eerie premise. And I love that they seem to have thought about it from a million different angles. I look forward to seeing where they take it from here. My real concern is how they can up the ante from where the first season ends. Like it seems that some of that stuff would have been better served coming later in the show's lifespan. But I'll leave that to the professionals. 
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    one of my favorite shows of the year. the fellas really dug it, and seem to be stoked to be covering Season 2.
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    Same. Its the best new show I've seen in quite a while. It has such a haunting, eerie premise. And I love that they seem to have thought about it from a million different angles. I look forward to seeing where they take it from here. My real concern is how they can up the ante from where the first season ends. Like it seems that some of that stuff would have been better served coming later in the show's lifespan. But I'll leave that to the professionals. 

I try to avoid the A Ron style "sure, this episode/season/whatever worked but I don't know what they're going to do with it so it was probably a mistake" thinking about shows. According to some interviews on The Watch they went back and forth on ending the season where they did and it was a pretty bold move that Stiller championed so I trust there's some sort of plan there. There are so many questions left they could really go any number of directions and I would expect the dynamics of the show to change at some point as the answers start coming.
    Chinaski