HUMANS

mike_kmike_k Sunnyvale CA
Anyone else see the pilot on Sunday - HOLY SHIT this show has major promise!!!!

ARon, Jim?
ElisaPiilaniJR

Comments

• ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    I saw it and I really enjoyed it. Synths AI and humans living together. There's so many areas to explore.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I've watched 3 episodes so far and I'm finding it kind of dry. The acting is great though, and the bland faces of the synths nicely sinister.
    PiilaniJR
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Nope, this isn't even on my radar. What's it on?
  • Only saw the first episode so far but I really liked it. Mostly an I, Robot influence with a foreshadowed heaping of Blade Runner plot looming.
    ElisaPiilaniJR
  • ArctorArctor The Netherlands
    My mom is a big fan of the original Swedish version. Never really got into it myself though. I gave this one a shot and it's pretty good so far!
    Elisa
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited July 2015
    That bitch Laura needs to have an accident.
    PiilaniJR
  • I love sci-fi, but this was not for me. I found all the main characters uninteresting and unsympathetic.  And the premise seemed pretty thin.  I guess I'll keep reading reviews to see if it gets any better, but I'm not optimistic.
  • I'm trying to get Jim to watch it. I'm about three episodes in and am enjoying it so far.
    ElisaKingKobra
  • DrewDrew indianapolis
    This show is baller. So good. I'm really tempted to catch up with the BBC airing, but I figure I'll show solitude with my American brethren.

This show was not on my radar at all, but that pilot was good and every episode after just got better and better. The reveal at the end of episode 4, did not see that coming.
    Elisa
  • AndrewAndrew New York
    I've just watched the first four episodes in the last four days and I've been really impressed.  There's nothing groundbreaking in it, but it's executed at a high enough level that it's consistently compelling.  The acting has been decent and even the characters that I'm supposed to hate, such as the fella trying to capture the Synths or Laura are complex enough that I'm not completely unsympathetic.  

And that Gemma Chan is definitely worth a paycheck.
    ElisaKingKobra
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Yes Humans and the Strain are my two Sunday guilty pleasures right now.  
    PiilaniJRAndrew
  • I just binge watched episodes 1-7 of this show and I loved it. Mr. Groves from Mr. Selfridge is in it, he's the dad.
    Elisa
  • The British cut of Humans is much better than the AMC version. If you can put your hands on it, watch it, instead. I finished it, and overall, thought it was a strong B. 
    KingKobra
  • mike_kmike_k Sunnyvale CA
    I'm definitely not as high on it as I was after the first episode, especially now that I've gotten into Mr Robot... But it's still interesting enough to stay tuned in.

@hypergenesb what is different between BBC version and AMC version?
  • It's just a longer cut, because they have fewer commercials on their broadcast. So there's more story in the BBC version. 
    Elisa
  • AndrewAndrew New York
    edited August 2015
    The real question is: Mia or Niska?

Unless, of course, you're a Max/Fred type of viewer.

P.S. Krissy of Janet? Diane or Rebecca? Mary Ann or Ginger?
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    I've watched two episodes of the British verison, and am really enjoying it...but now I want to know, should I watch the non AMC version, or the Swedish original show...?

I would rather just watch the BBC version, but not sure how to get a hold of it. But if the Swedish version is even better...I'd watch that instead. Anyone see all three versions and can compare! :)
  • ArctorArctor The Netherlands
    BBC version is the same as the US release but a longer cut (according to @hypergenesb). I've seen a few eps of the Swedish version (True Humans) back when that was just out, I think it's practically the same quality wise, not sure about story wise.

I'm just sticking with the Brit version (Humans) myself. Don't understand Swedish and it's the kind of show I like to have on without giving it my full attention.
  • @aberry89 I watched the British cut all the way through. I have only seen enough of the US variant to know that it was cut down. I've heard great things about the Swedish version, but haven't been able to put my hands on it, so I couldn't compare. 
  • aberry89 said:

I've watched two episodes of the British verison, and am really enjoying it...but now I want to know, should I watch the non AMC version, or the Swedish original show...?

I would rather just watch the BBC version, but not sure how to get a hold of it. But if the Swedish version is even better...I'd watch that instead. Anyone see all three versions and can compare! :)

Ive heard good things about the Swedish version if you can get your hands on it. I don't usually mind subtitles, but this is the type of show, where it might hurt my experience more than help.  From people who saw the Swedish version 1st seem to prefer that.  There is a thread on AVSForums, for this show and there are a couple members there that are watching AMC version after having seen the Swedish version.

Ive complete the Chanel 4 (not BBC) version of the show and I really enjoyed it.  I thought they ended well and made a good bridge to season 2.  Im wondering if they made two endings for this season just in case they didn't get renewed.