GoT podcasts for seasons 1-3

A-Ron, during the season 4 preview cast, you mentioned that you were working on getting the previous season's podcasts you did on the Night's Watch with Mad Brew switched over to Bald Move. Can you give us a status update? I discovered you guys during the previous season, so I'd be interested in hearing seasons 1-3.

Comments

• A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    To be brutally honest, I don't think seasons 1-3 of the Night's Watch will ever see the light of day, or if they do, they'd have to be edited and released by Mad Brew. At this point, there is no part of the calendar where my schedule would free up to the point that I'd want to do the editing required and posting to a neutral site that MB requires for them to be made public again, that I wouldn't rather just spend doing The Wire podcast, for example. The other problem is I don't have the raw recordings of the Night's Watch casts, I just have the low bit rate mp3s, so if I edited them they would be re-encoded low rate MP3s and possibly sound like ass.

What Jim and I are talking about is doing a re-watch of the first 3 seasons and doing some sort of overview for each so we have something in the archives, and then as soon as we fully catch up on Breaking Bad, to do a detailed rewatch of seasons 1-3 of Game of Thrones. The amount of time investment would probably be 2x of just re-downloading and editing them, but I think the end result would be better.
    Bransformer
  • GanGan
    edited December 2014
    I'm actually pretty sure that, Powerplay, Jonestown Jams (Please bring it back. :'( ), The Night's Watch and Blue Yonder can all be found one way or another... Dunno if the folks would appreciate me posting the links though. haha
    AmbitiousBukky
  • acipparoacipparo Virginia
    edited January 2015
    I would absolutely love if you guys did GoT 1-3. It's my favorite show, and I would really enjoy listening to both of your points of view (especially on the tyrannical Joffrey years).
  • I was just wondering the same thing the other day. I have most of season 1 and about half of seasons 2 and 3 saved on my computer. But want to fill in the patches. However, I don't know the legality of sharing them.
  • AndrewAndrew New York
    edited January 2015
    I always wanted to make a compilation of all the homoerotic things A-Ron said during those first three seasons and send it in. But I'm very very lazy. #HodorSB
  • broompersonbroomperson the Iron Islands

I always wanted to make a compilation of all the homoerotic things A-Ron said during those first three seasons and send it in. But I'm very very lazy. #HodorSB

I've thought of doing something like that too. Like a compilation of all the weird noises, extremely sexually explicit stuff, etc.... I dont really have the time or means to do it though. It'd be fucking hilarious if you actually did it though @andrewtobey

• @Gan You should definitely post those links. We don't surface them because they're not really what we do anymore but we're not trying to keep anyone from listening (not even to the ones we're embarrassed by).

@acipparo‌ man, I would love to cover those Joffrey years. I hated him SO MUCH. GoT is something I'd like to get to in a rewatch one of these days.
  • @Gan‌ Get them posted, blue yonder cracked me up however rough it was around the edges, I'd like to hear some of the nights watch and powerplay if they're out there
    I wouldn't have a problem with people sharing the first 3 seasons of The Night's Watch, there was a lot of good stuff in there and I was super proud of the show. I have no idea how Mad Brew would feel about it. I'd throw them up myself except one of the terms for that to happen between MB and I was that I would edit out all references to Bald Move and it turns out I just don't have the energy for that.
  • I listened to a few episodes of the Night's Watch and while I enjoyed parts of it, I was not a huge fan of Mad Brew. He came across as condescending to me and did not seem very affected by the show itself (for example, he did not seem to care at all about the events of 3x09). I would way rather hear Jim and A. Ron discuss it - I think you guys are funnier, have way better chemistry and, quite frankly, way better points to make about the show.
    AmbitiousBukky
    It has been a lot like when MST3K switched from Joel to Mike. Lots of supporters for both sides, and they both certainly had/have their strengths and weaknesses. I will say I had to edit the Mad Brew casts much more frequently than I do with Jim, haha.

I don't know if people know this, and I'm not sure if he's doing it for season five, but Mad Brew got a new co-host and kept up a GoT podcast. http://www.madbrewlabs.com/?page_id=3473
  • I'm hesitant to post the links because I don't want them to get taken down. I can't really download them right now using this throttled mobile internet. Also the text file that contain the links are on my Linux HDD. I guess I could post via PM when I get the chance? xD
  • ksa1001ksa1001 Plano, TX
    @Gan‌ Is dropbox an option?
  • Sent a message with the links to those that expressed interested.. also, nah can't do dropbox right now but if someone is willing to... I'd appreciate that. xD.
  • KenzieKenzie Sanger, Tx
    @Gan You should definitely hit me up with those links as well. :) All I've been able to find are the podcasts for season 1 episodes 1-8.
  • I would like a link too.
  • MihaiMihai Timisoara, RO
    I'd like the links too. I'm much more fond of the current GoT podcast (it went from being a little weaker than Chen's to "not even in the same league", despite Joanna Robinson's admirable efforts). But in a way Night's Watch is what got me into Bald Move, I don't want to completely forget that time.

Honestly, I know part of the reason is the highly interesting and with speculative possibilities material, and it also helps that the show is so popular that there's a considerable amount of feedback, but the Game of Thrones podcast from season 4 (spoiler/conspiracy theory included) is for me the best and most complete TV review podcast I've ever followed. Great insight, attention to detail, funny, notTooShort()... Alright, Jim & A.Ron, you can stop wiggling your legs in pleasure. :). Seriously though, thanks. There were times when I was more eager to get the podcast than the new episode.

Sorry for the off-topic.
  • @Kenzie, @milom, @BRONCOTRUCK11 You should have a new notification that contains the links.
  • Gan said:

Sent a message with the links to those that expressed interested.. also, nah can't do dropbox right now but if someone is willing to... I'd appreciate that. xD.

Hey Gan, I'd apprecaite a link to the seasons 1-3 podcasts too if you still have them. Thanks!
  • Louballs77Louballs77 Coral Springs, FL
    A lot of the nights watch episodes are still up if I search with my tune-in radio app, from seasons 1-3, some episodes are missing, though. I like that app because it lets me see older episodes of most shows than the podcasts app
  • It looks like I have every episode from seasons 1-3 of The Night's Watch...not sure the best way to share them and/or the legality? If someone can fill me in on that I wouldn't mind doing it..

@A_Ron_Hubbard .. a re-watch cast of the first three seasons would be great! I really enjoyed The Night's Watch and Mad Brew's part in the cast. Going in to the new cast, I wasn't sure how Jim would take to it, given his reservations about fantasy material in general. I have to say those concerns were unfounded, and I like the new cast better in many ways. You and Jim just have a better exchange during the cast and Jim's analysis is a little deeper than Mad Brew's IMO..no slam on Mad Brew, just how I feel.
  • There is a thread in the VIP section with all the episodes up now, saves you uploading them @Eric =)
  • BransformerBransformer North Carolina
    You guys are great. If you get the time it would be great.