What are you playing?

Comments

• I'm playing Dragon Warrior for the NES, because I'm cool like that...

The Continue? show on YouTube is doing to let's play or Dragon warrior throughout the month. They're some goofy guys from Philly but it's pretty funny. Explicit warning.
  • Recovering Destiny player and Halo Forger.
    GT: panyc333 on Xbox Live for 12 years.

Currently playing.
    - MGO3
    - Halo 5
    - Rainbow 6 Seige beta

Alway down for some
    - Killer Instinct
    - Titanfall
    - Battlefield 4
    - Diablo 3
    - Borderlands THKC
    - Lara Croft ToO
    - Halo MCC

Friend request #BaldMove and I will accept.
    Always down for a chat about The Leftovers or Lost too.
  • how is Rainbow Six? 
  • Anyone playing Star Wars Battlefront? Any thoughts of getting a Bald Move group together?
  • yea. which system?
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    I started Fallout 4 a week or two ago. I have had lots of time to play but I've been working it slow.
    DaveyMac
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Mad Max is fun. Its just about what you'd expect it to be from an open-world game. Tons of collecting and driving around. The game looks much more gorgeous than it has any right to for a licensed game like this.
  • GeorgexileGeorgexile Dominican Republic
    My new ps4 is on the way with gta5 and Destiny. Level 53 on gta, noob in destiny
    PSN: georgexile
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I've played a lot of Battlefront this weekend.  The problems with it are, as far as I know, you can't get a group of more than two together.  It's such horseshit, with 40 player servers, you can't bring a whole party in.   Secondly, the games are horribly imbalanced and buggy.  Last night I was playing a walker assault mission, the first walker went down, the second walker approached the first, and, I swear to god, mounted it doggy style, then got hung up on it and couldn't advance.  My son and I played for another 45 minutes, laughing hysterically, as the game just sat there, unable to advance.  I figured the AT-AT would be destroyed by Y-Wing bombardment, but apparently fucking the dead corpse of it's parner made it invulnerable.

In the fighter scramble missions, the A-Wing is an unstoppable beast, and I've yet to see the Empire win unless the Rebels just suck and refuse to play their objectives.  I think the Hero shit is dumb too.  You can be holding your objectives like a champ, then Luke or Vader waltzes in and just fucks your shit up hard core, and especially with Luke, there isn't much you can do about it other than focus fire and hope everyone around you sees the threat. 

The game looks great, and the two player co-op modes are fun, but very limited and it gets stale quickly.  The game desperately needs twice the maps it has.

Since Destiny seems to be winding down (I couldn't even get a fireteam together to try the new challenge mode this weekend... :/ ) I have been going back and beating some games I got LAST christmas.  First up, Infamous Second Sons, which is really fun.  I'm about 70% through the main campaign.  Then, the latest Batman. 

Destiny starts a Sparrow Racing League next week, which looks crazy fun, and hopefully they'll announce some new DLC this month.

Still can't wait for Tomb Raider to come out for the PS4.  That and Uncharted 4 are my two big anticipations.  
    DaveyMac
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline

Still can't wait for Tomb Raider to come out for the PS4.  That and Uncharted 4 are my two big anticipations.  

Wait, is Tomb Raider only out for XB1? Shall I take this opportunity to gloat that I got the better system? 
  • I am not going to defend Battlefront cuz it certainly has issues but I enjoy it. EA has some major issues though. There are some killer bugs going around messing up the party system and card system. Glad I haven't committed any money to the DLC yet. They need to prove they can fix these issues or I am out. There was one night I tried for 2+ hours to play with a friend and we couldn't get the party system to work. Very frustrating especially considering its a MULTIPLAYER ONLY game. fix your damn shit EA! 

A_Ron_Hubbard
  • I wouldn't mind playing some Destiny but is there a way to rank up quickly? I fell so far behind that I am like a leve 6 and everyone else is maxed out and I am just like fuck it. Game over. But if I could quickly get to a respectable level that will let me play with the bald move team i would be in. 
    @Hatorian I was actually a little disappointed at how quickly i leveled up in destiny.  You could probably get your level 6 up to 40 in maybe 15-20 hours of gameplay, if it even takes that long.
    Hatorian
    Frakkin T said:

Wait, is Tomb Raider only out for XB1? Shall I take this opportunity to gloat that I got the better system? 
    Its a timed exclusive for XB1. I think it'll arrive on PS4 in Fall of next year. Such a bummer. I loved the first reboot, and can't wait for it to be released on PS4. So yes--gloat away, at least in regards to this game! I still adore my PS4.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Yeah, but "leveling up" in destiny is just where you begin.  Then, you have to get light up to 290 to be competitive in the raid and end game PVP, and then you got to be 310+ to be competitive in hard mode, and then you have to find gloves with reload specs you want, armor that favors the class and sub-class you want to play, boots that favor the ammo you want, I mean, it just depends on how much you want to min/max, and dress up your space barbie.  I really like my Warlock to be looking at her best, and to be able to support all the sub-classes and weapons systems that I like using.  My titan I'd prefer him to look pretty cool, and be able to support my two favorite subclasses, and be able to at least load scout rifle and sniper quickly.  And my hunter usually looks like ass, and has gloves that reload my favorite weapon quickly if he's lucky.  
    edited April 2016
    Hey guys, this thread has been dead for a while--what are you all up to? I am still sinking most my time into Destiny trying to get a respectable light level (and mostly failing). But I also went and played through the Game of Thrones season by Telltale, played a bit of Farcry : Primal, Tharsis (a ridiculously hard one-player board-game style survival game), Amplitude, and replayed Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (a really fantastic, absolutely heart-wrenching game if you are looking for something with no shoot-em-upness and a ton of heart). I really can't recommend Brothers enough if you are looking for something off-the-beaten path
  • Dark Souls III drops in a day, so that's my gaming for the next several months.
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    Just bought an Xbox this year and beat Tomb Raider and NBA 2k16. Now I'm currently playing Dead Rising 3. I'm a sucker  for that series. I'm also periodically playing the Uncharted collection and hoping to beat it by the time 4 comes out. 
  • edited April 2016
    For the most part I'm been playing The Division. A little GTA V and I was playing a fair bit of Destiny but well The Division is taking most of my gaming time. All on PS4
  • I really tried to get into Witcher 2 (LOVED Witcher), but haven't been able to.  Should I try Witcher 3 or Fallout 4 instead?
    edited April 2016
    @A_Ron_Hubbard mentioned Papers, Please on Lunch w/ J&A today. That game is excellent. I sunk so many hours into it. I finally managed to beat it a few months back. If you are looking for something off-the-beaten path, give it a whirl. It should be available on tablets these days, but if nothing else it is on Steam. Be warned it is very, very stressful. In the way that Oregon Trail is stressful and not an easy-going experience at times. 

@kojiattwood I have both FO4 and Witcher 3 on deck as well. I think I will probably play Witcher 3 first, as FO4 still has DLC that is on its way. I figure a play through with all of that stuff enabled may be the way to go.
    DaveyMac
  • @kojiattwood. You should definitely try the The Witcher 3. The game mechanics are much better, the leveling system is well done, and the story is really compelling.
    kojiattwood
    Sunset Overdrive is free for Xbox live gold members this month--I've only played for about an hour so far but it's fun, fast-paced, and worth every penny
    [Deleted User]
  • Shum said:

@kojiattwood. You should definitely try the The Witcher 3. The game mechanics are much better, the leveling system is well done, and the story is really compelling.

Excellent, thanks for the info!
  • Just got the PS4 Ratchet & Clank remake, holy shit what a great game, and at such a great debut price of $40. As much as I like new game + modes I rarely play through them, but this is a game I'll try to platinum.

Also got Day of the Tentacle on PS4 as well, one of my favorite LucasArts adventure games.
    Hatorian
  • Didn't know they remade Day of the Tenatcle. Was a huge fan of Maniac Mansion and other point and clicks like Full Throttle. "The Dig" is a great Sci Fi point and click as well. Highly recommend it.
  • Yeah pretty most of the LucasArts adventure games were great. LucasArts in general was great, I loved Dark Forces and the sequel Jedi Knight. 

Now that Disney is churning out a new Star Wars movie every year I'd love if they made a new games, an FPS and KOTOR-like game could be so good.
  • Fat chance, Disney already nixed two potentially phenomenal Star Wars games.
  • My 5 year old daughter and I play "unravel" together on xbox one. One level every sunday morning.

You play as a tiny character made of wool (yarn) and you have to run, jump, swing and puzzle your way through gardens, forests, etc. Because you're so small, things like puddles, rocks, birds can be big obstacles. Often you have to think and experiment quite a bit to figure out how to reach a crucial lever or how to lure a crab away so that you can continue. Really nice to play together with a 5 to 10 year old. Not that it's childish, but the environment is recognizable and the tasks and puzzles make sense. There are some jump scares occasionally, but it never gets violent or scary.

The BEST part of this game though, is that it's simply the most beautiful game I've ever seen. Very atmospheric.
    [Deleted User]