LORE Podcast

aberry89aberry89 California
Found this podcast a couple weeks ago, might be pretty well known at this point since its been on the top charts of iTunes for a while. 

From his website... 

"Lore is a bi-weekly podcast about true life scary stories.

The people, places, and things of our darkest nightmares all have real facts at their core. Each episode of Lore looks into a uniquely scary tale and uncovers the truth behind it."

There are a lot of podcast out there about supernatural stuff, folklore, etc. But haven't found one yet that is this well made. Each episode is a different topic with some background on the subject and some true stories, and philosophical wrap up about why we as humans can stretch ourselves to believe in such things. The storytelling is well written and the background music is fantastic. Really appreciate how well crafted each episode is, usually podcasts on topics like these are big ramble fests (which is fine, but it's nice to have something a bit more put together.)

This latest episode "Black Stockings" was so shocking considering the time when it took place. It's about the Irish folklore of the "changeling" or faerie. When a person or baby is believed to have been taken by a fairy and in their place, is a "changeling" something that looks exactly like them, but acts differently. 

Here is a link to that episode  http://lorepodcast.libsyn.com/episode-11-black-stockings#Ze7t6uGD3LI6RBeO.16

FlashGordonAndrewDaveyMacEmmelyne

Comments

• bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    That sounds awesome. This is a slow season for TV show podcasts so unless BM decide to start covering Mr Robot and Hannibal I'll definitely be checking this out. Thanks!
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    If your in any way interested in folklore,  fairy tales, ghost or horror stories (and really, who isnt..???)  You will love it.
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    that sounds really neat; thanks for the recco!
  • SERSER Eugene, Oregon
    Yeah, I discovered Lore about a month ago.  Production and format wise, it's very similar to the memory palace and 99% invisible.  Subject matter will vary, but style and tone are pretty similar.  
  • This sounds right up my alley. Will definitely check it out. Thanks!
  • Thanks for the heads up on this @aberry89. I've listened to a couple of them this morning and I'm digging it. I think so far the one about the hotel is my favorite. They're all pretty great though. That whole business with The Castle is creepy as hell.

• aberry89aberry89 California
    Glad i could refer you! :)  I always listen to a new episode when i am walking my dog at dusk...hahah yeah, i like to set the mood. 

I think the most recent one called "Black Stockings" was my favorite, just a very well told story, and an incredible one at that...

Travis