Season 8

Honestly I'm not surprised considering they split Storm in half, I'd imagine that Winds or Dream must have at least as much if not more content. Although no one seems to have a solid consensus on just how long it should be.

• Nathan2303Nathan2303 Limerick Ireland
    Don't know how I feel about this seeing as the double Ds always said they had the show planned for seven seasons this might mess with the narrative of the show. Don't get me wrong I'm all for more game of thrones but this just seems like a way to stretch out the success the show has had. They also spoke about a prequel which to me feels like a "fear the walking dead" size gimmick. Either way you look at this it looks like we have years of game of thrones entertainment to look forward to.
  • The world that G.G.R.M. has created in the Game of Thrones novels is certainly extensive enough and has enough history to it that a prequel series could be done. But I think that in order for it to be as compelling as the original, there would need to be some more source material, even if it is just George fleshing out a bunch more of the history. Not sure if he is up for that or not. 
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited July 2015
    I think 8 is perfect and aiming for 7 was a bit premature. 3 seasons and 2 books seems about right given that the last book will be jam packed explosive with shit. if we get 2000 pages of climatic insanity then there shouldn't be any issue getting 30 hours of TV out of that. The best thing HBO did was hyperdrive through AFFC and ADWD and leave us with 2-3 seasons of epicness. Also there is nothing that puts 8 seasons in stone. If there is only material for 7 then I am confident they will end in 7. I just don't see how its possible given where we are now. 
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited July 2015
    I do think it's funny how they're doubling down on the whole "Jon is dead and never coming back" thing. It would almost be worth it if after all this speculation he really was just dead and never coming back because that would potentially be the biggest troll in literature and television history. On the other hand, it would also make 5 seasons/books of mystery and intrigue pointless which would be infuriating.