McShane!

MrXMrX CO
edited August 2015 in Game of Thrones
Ian McShane has been cast in an unknown S6 role.

http://io9.com/ian-mcshane-joins-game-of-thrones-cast-for-season-6-1721522149

Of the rumored roles being cast, he could be awesome for a lot of them ... Euron Greyjoy, Randyll Tarly, Arthur Dayne, even Septon Meribald would work. As long as he gets to yell "cocksucker!" in whichever robe it ends up being.
angryjef

Comments

• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Gotta be Sam's Dad, right? He's a pretty big a-hole and I feel like McShane could easily fit in that role.
    Elisa
  • My money is on Sam's Dad
    Elisa
  • Gotta be Sam's Dad, right? He's a pretty big a-hole and I feel like McShane could easily fit in that role.

Yea that'd be a logical choice for sure. Although I could see him chewing the hell out of the scenery (in a good way) as Euron (but maybe he's a bit old for that character?).
  • Holy shit, this is awesome news!
  • SERSER Eugene, Oregon
    Yeah!  Saw this the other day, and it can only mean good things.  Love me some Mcshane.  Also, and this might have been posted elsewhere on the forum, an HBO exec said at least 3 more seasons.  And a possible spinoff prequel series, though, he says it's up too the the double d's.   Good news all around!

• Sean Bean kicking ass as Ned Stark! thats what I am talking bout. 
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    fuck McShane, Max Von Sydow!!
    DaveyMac
  • kingbee67 said:

fuck McShane, Max Von Sydow!!

Yea man the Bran storyline is coming back with a vengeance!
    Elisa
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    On the one hand, with a season of distance between Saruman the Dingy and Max Von Sydow (incredible), surely they can justify retooling his makeup.

On the other hand, I wonder how dynamic a performance he can give based on how I see the Three Eyed Raven looking from descriptions in the book.  

• On the other hand, I wonder how dynamic a performance he can give based on how I see the Three Eyed Raven looking from descriptions in the book.  
    "The power of the old gods compels you!"
    DaveyMac
  • Ian McShane is also doing a great job on Ray Donavan this season if anyone is interested.
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky

On the one hand, with a season of distance between Saruman the Dingy and Max Von Sydow (incredible), surely they can justify retooling his makeup.

On the other hand, I wonder how dynamic a performance he can give based on how I see the Three Eyed Raven looking from descriptions in the book.  
    I'm really glad they used the "I've been watching you with a thousand eyes and one" line but if Mr Tree Wizard has two working eyes, that line isn't nearly as cool. He should have a tree branch growing into his eye socket. Just sayin.
    A_Ron_Hubbard