Breaking Bad Easter Egg

Just got done watching Season 6 Episode 10 of the X-Files titled Tithonus. At 4:16 into the episode Mulder is on the phone at the FBI doing a background check on a one Mrs. Ehrmantraut. I thought that's funny, didn't Vince Gilligan get his start on the X-Files. Looked into it and he wrote the episode. 

Looks like Vince really likes the name Ehrmantraut, or he is just lazy when it comes to names. Either way, I thought it was pretty cool.
mike3point14159Hatorianhypergenesb

Comments

• kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited August 2015
    Gilligan writes the episode drive. He see a new dramatic actor named Cranston. He later uses him based on his proformance in Drive. He talks about it in his latest interview on Marc Marons podcast.
    Jovial_Falcon
  • Just got done watching Season 6 Episode 10 of the X-Files titled Tithonus. At 4:16 into the episode Mulder is on the phone at the FBI doing a background check on a one Mrs. Ehrmantraut. I thought that's funny, didn't Vince Gilligan get his start on the X-Files. Looked into it and he wrote the episode. 

Looks like Vince really likes the name Ehrmantraut, or he is just lazy when it comes to names. Either way, I thought it was pretty cool.
    In an Episode of the Insider Podcast the Villigan revealed that it is the last name of his girlfriend´s (best?) friend. So it´s more a repetitive private shout-out than lazyness or a link to the X-Files. But it also beautifully fits in the many links to Germany which have been made from seasons 3 to early season 5. Just like Jim an A Ron I (as a german) tried to make up theories about that, but unfortunately it never played out.