More Season six casting
Might as well just make a combined thread for this stuff, anyways looks like Saruman the Dingy is getting an upgrade.

• Awesome! He's a great choice!
  • ArctorArctor The Netherlands
    Does anyone know why they recast this role?
  • I was wondering that too, but I am so happy Max Von Sydow is joining this cast.
  • I could not be more excited about this!
  • Not sure why they recast him other than Von Sydow is a more prolific actor, then again why did they recast the mountain three times, or Daario? It just seems to be something they do with relatively minor characters. Hopefully the change if actors comes with a change in the practical effects on the tree.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    They recast the first mountain either because of a conflict in the actor's schedule or that he was kind of difficult to work with and tried to Clemenza them, depending on what you've heard.   They recast the second Mountain because, come on.  The Beanpole that Rides.  He's still on the cast, though, he played the giant Wun Wun and various White Walkers throughout the series.  

Supposedly Eurotrash Daario got recast because of a conflict in his filming the new installment of the Transporter franchise.  

They also recast Beric Dondarian, Myrcella B, and Tommen B. I assume it's because the roles were expanding and they wanted some one more, I don't know, magnetic or interesting in the role than an extra-level actor.  I assume the Saruman the Dingy recast is along these lines.  And I couldn't be happier.
  • ArctorArctor The Netherlands
    @A_Ron_Hubbard Second Daario is Eurotrash too haha, just not a limey but a cheesehead.
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited August 2015
    Max Von Sydow, played chess with death took on Satan, battled Bob and Doug McKenzie. Bible and sword, this man can take on any challenge!
  • BenBen Melbourne - Australia
    edited August 2015
    Some more casting news & potential spoilers from watchers on the wall. Relating to the three boys.
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited August 2015
    Hmm so it seems that the Bran tree dreams will be happening. Makes me wonder if this half of the series will have more of the vision quest, prophecy stuff now that they're approaching the end.
  • LukeLuke Central Illinois
    I'm worried about that angle. My wife (just like Jim) hates all the magical mumbo jumbo. I wonder if the Bran plot is a significant portion if it will hold her interest.

With talks of an 8th season I'm wondering if they even really know where to take the story. The pacing of last season was already shoddy at best, I can only imagine if contract talks for additional seasons will once again lead to "ok we have to put the breaks on the plot development" thing that happened in the middle of last season.