Age for death?

mike3point14159mike3point14159 International Falls MN
With two notable news items lately it got me thinking, what is the over under line for a person dying of natural causes lately.

The first being Rowdy Roddy Piper. Dead at 61, far too early.

The second being the casting of Max Von Sydow, 86 as of this date, August 5, 2015 12:15 AM, cast for the next season of Game of Thrones.

Maybe 86 is the median, the average, the age where the over under bet is even money. 

How say you?

I can't say for Rowdy Roddy, but for Mr. Sydow 86, the life he has had, he absolutely got the good end of the bargain, he is in the plus column as far as I am concerned. 

It's always fun to say upon the death of Ernest Borgnine at age 95, well his lifestyle finally caught up with him.

So where is the line? At what age are we left saying "Well there you go, seems about right. He had a good run."

I wonder of the casting of Mr. Sydow is some depraved insurance scam dreamed up by the double D's.   ,,,,,,,, tragic accident during filming of next seasons game of thrones, respected actor dies filming scene for next seasons finale,,,,,,,,,,,,........

Comments

• ksa1001ksa1001 Plano, TX
    edited August 2015
    You'd think it was based on lifestyle and health choices...then you see this and that goes all out the window

• I think 70+ is where you enter the 'had a good run' territory. That is, if you hear about someone dying at 60-something you still kinda wonder if it was a heart attack or cancer or something, but once you break 70 it's more kinda just 'well he was 70 something..."
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    The way I look at it, once you get beyond average life expectancy, you're playing with house money. So, that's 75ish, unless you're a minority or a professional wrestler.  If you don't make it to 75, you kinda got ripped off in the genetics or lifestyle department, and each year past that is a gift.  

Did anyone see the Ronda Rousy fight over the weekend?  She gave a brief but fairly touching tribute to Mr. Piper, which I thought was awesome and fitting, since he gave official blessing to her swiping his nickname.
    Jovial_Falcon
  • Saw all 30 seconds! she is a beast. The Maniac is the shit. Loved his Sunny episodes. He will fuck you up for a $15 co-pay. 
  • Is that who The Maniac was?!  I have never watched wrestling so I had no idea but I've heard the name 'Rowdy Roddy Piper'.  He'll always be Mr. Maniac to me.
    Jovial_Falcon
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited August 2015
    @Jim

yep. Can't remember how I found out but I never watched wresting. He will always be the Maniac to me as well. 
    Jovial_Falcon