Fall tv, what are we looking forward to?

kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.

For me Fargo, Supergirl, The new host on Daily Show and of course Doctor Who. There some new shows that look like they might be good. I will watch the Walking Dead thing and I hope the Muppets are what I expect from them. Here is a list of some new shows from Mojo.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuWIgEQwErc

Travis

Comments

• Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    I'll watch Walking Dead but I am not looking forward to it. Definitely interested in Supergirl, S5 of American Horror Story, and maybe season 3 of the Blacklist if only because of Spader. I am interested/curious about the Muppets but not quite excited--it looks like it has a lot of potential to ruin my childhood.

Travis
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    The more I see about Fargo 2 the more I'm jumping up and down like Homer missing the chilli cookout.
    Travis
  • Haven Season 5B, Ash vs Evil Dead and the final season of Continuum
    Travis
  • I'm personally really excited for the difficult second seasons of Fargo and The Leftovers - I really loved the first seasons for both of those. I also like the look of Narcos, a new Netflix Original season that's going up in the next couple of weeks, could be very good.
    TravisA_Ron_HubbardAlkaid13
  • The Walking Dead
    The Leftovers
    Fargo
    Gotham
    Minority Report
    The Knick
    House of Lies
    The Affair

There's also a bunch of Amazon Prime series I'm really looking forward to later this fall.
    Travis
  • Fargo
    Leftovers
    Late Show w/ Colbert
    You're the Worst
    Last Man on Earth
    Ash vs. The Evil Dead
    Transparent
    Homeland (kindof)
    Walking Dead

Looking out a bit further to early 2016:
    Westworld
    X-Files
    Shameless
    Travis
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Fear TWD
    Narcos
    TWD
    Empire
    AHS
    Fargo
    The Returned
    Gotham
    The X-Files
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    Between football and my Giants making their annual September playoff push and hopefully World Series run, I'm going to stick with shows you can follow while intoxicated. So basically TWD and a bunch of super hero shows. On the rare night there isn't any football I'll keep up with Fargo and The Leftovers.

AntManBee
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Everybody beat me to all the punches.  Fargo 2, Leftovers 2, NFL Football, AHS, and I'm beside myself with Westworld for next year.  Jim and I were talking yesterday about whether we'd risk covering it day one.
  • dan2988dan2988 manchester uk
    Fargo, leftovers and narcos are going to be the highlights! I really disliked the Supergirl trailer. Looks like another poor superhero show by a network. They should learn from daredevil! If only we could have seen a young batman show done by hbo,amc, or Netflix etc.
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    @A_Ron_Hubbard Are you and Cecily going to do AHS Hotel?

@dan2988 did you see the leaked Supergirl pilot? They are going for old-school shiny happy Supergirl, kind of a throwback to the Christopher Reeve era before every superhero was gritty and brooding. The pilot was excellent, if it moved a little too fast. 
    Underwood
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    I haven't seen the leaked Supergirl pilot. I really like the thing about the happy shiny Supergirl is that I'm so sick of angst. I like a lot of people are not a 15 year old boy. The whole sad nobody understands me thing is so played out. I want a fun show, I thought comic books were supposed to be fun. Somewhere people got it in there head that super heroes were deep people with issues. That was ok for a while. When the last Superman came out I had it. So if they can keep this show light I'm on board.
    Frakkin TAlkaid13
  • broompersonbroomperson the Iron Islands
    The Knick! I cannot wait for season 2 of this show man. 

The Leftovers and Fargo too. Fall is going to be great for TV. These new shows are now being ushered in to replace my Mad Men, Breaking Bad and Boardwalk and I'm okay with that. They are all 3 fantastic.
    Elisa
  • Man In The High Castle is coming in October!
    ElisaDaveyMackingbee67
  • DaveyMacDaveyMac Tokyo
    edited August 2015
    Man in the High Castle is a great book. Saw the pilot and was a bit mixed. But still looking forward to it. I was a bit bummed they have both the Japanese and the Germans speaking English when they are talking to other Germans and Japanese. I understand that it would be difficult and expensive to pull off logistically, but I think it would be a lot more immersive if all three languages were used. Tarantino was able to do it with Inglourious Basterds, but I guess that was just one film whereas here we are dealing with something a lot longer. Plus, I'm guessing a large portion of the audience won't want to read subtitles.
    Elisakingbee67
  • @DaveyMac I agree with a lot of your criticism. I also had some problems with the pilot, but I'm still excited that someone finally made a series/movie out of this novel.

Another Amazon series I'm excited about is Mad Dogs, but that's not coming until 2016.
    kingbee67DaveyMacJovial_Falcon
  • Yeah, the alternate world PKD created is so cool, it just begs to be adapted. And there are so many possibilities beyond the book that they can do with a tv series. Hopefully it gets better as it progresses.

Haven't heard of Mad Dogs, but will definitely look into. So much to keep an eye out for. 
    AntManBee
  • Mad Dogs(American version) is runby Shawn Ryan creator of The Shield. I really enjoyed the pilot. Stellar cast
    AntManBee
  • CoryCory New Scotland

Between football and my Giants making their annual September playoff push and hopefully World Series run, I'm going to stick with shows you can follow while intoxicated. So basically TWD and a bunch of super hero shows. On the rare night there isn't any football I'll keep up with Fargo and The Leftovers.

The Giants only make those runs in even numbered years.  ;)
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    @Cory Shh don't bring that up. This year has been strangely lacking the odd year bullshit from '11 and '13.