Trumbo

I hadn't heard of this thing until tonight, but I am very intrigued. Pretty incredible cast. And I've always been fascinated by the blacklist. Has anyone else heard of Trumbo?

Comments

• DeeDee Adelaide
    Michael Stuhlbarg as Edward G. Robinson - that I have to see!
    DaveyMac
  • ArctorArctor The Netherlands
    That looks fantastic! What a great trailer too, don't think it spoiled too much.
    DaveyMac
  • Yup, Can't wait to see this. I was not aware Dalton Trumbo was blacklisted. I only know of him as the author of Johnny Got His Gun.
    DaveyMac
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.

I heard the story about Spartacus, but didn't know he wrote Roman Holiday. He got the Academy Award for that one, he couldn't receive. There are also a number of good movies out on the subject including, The Front, Guilty By Suspicion and Good Night Good Luck. At least Trumbo didn't name names like Elia Kazan.

AntManBeeDaveyMac
  • Yeah Michael Stuhlbarg is a favorite of mine. Very excited to see his Edward G. Robinson. 

As much as I'm fascinated about the blacklist and the McCarthy era, I actually don't know that much about the Hollywood Ten, Trumbo included, so I can't wait to see this.

I also had no idea he wrote Roman Holiday. 
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited August 2015
    Well now, this looks like a damn good movie, doesn't it? Jesus... Steven Root, Cranston, Goodman, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (crazily underutilized actor), and Louis CK!? What a cast...
    DaveyMacAntManBee
  • I'm in.

There was an excellent documentary about Trumbo running on HBO or Netflix. It was great and he was fascinating.

DaveyMacDee
  • broompersonbroomperson the Iron Islands
    Very excited about this. Cranston is going to kill it. Man sometimes i feel like he's the best actor alive. So much range.
    AntManBeeDaveyMac