Mozart in the Jungle (Amazon Prime)

edited August 2015 in Other TV
I'm six episodes in and I am loving this. I'd pretty much watch anything Malcolm McDowell is in and he's great in this. Bernadette Peters is also in this and she's very good too.

The star of this show is Gael Garcia Bernal, the flamboyant genius superstar maestro conductor of the New York Symphony Orchestra. I love his character and he becomes increasingly endearing as the season moves along.

The rest of the cast is very strong including Lola Kirke as the struggling oboist. I'm eager to watch the rest of the season.

Anybody else see this yet?

• ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Will add to my list :)
  • Great cast. Unfortunately don't have Amazon Prime. I was never able to get good consistent streaming quality from Tokyo for whatever reason.
  • That's such a shame @DaveyMac , there's a lot of really good original content on Amazon including this, Transparent and some other shows I'm really looking forward to.
  • @AntManBee Yeah I actually signed up specifically for Transparent and just couldn't get it to work right so I cancelled. I'm really bummed to be missing out on so much great stuff. The only things I've ever been able stream of decent quality are the pilots they run to see if they'll pick up a show or not.
  • Yeah, I really enjoyed it. Nice change of pace from the drama/action shows I'm usually watching.